I did blame the offensive line...now I blame the clap

Well, they do use the clap, but I don't think Michigan State ever was able to identify or exploit their tendencies with it. Could be wrong on that count...

MSU couldn't do it because Bo made an issue out of it making the league hip to it before OSU came to town.
Bama and Oregon just forget about it?
once the issue was made, the refs were also very aware

Well, they do use the clap, but I don't think Michigan State ever was able to identify or exploit their tendencies with it. Could be wrong on that count...

MSU couldn't do it because Bo made an issue out of it making the league hip to it before OSU came to town.
Bama and Oregon just forget about it?
once the issue was made, the refs were also very aware

Of MSU

If Tim Beck brings "the clap" with him to Ohio St.,

I guess you aren't aware that Ohio State.....yes, the national champions......use it already.
Really? They clap once and snap the ball every time?

I highly recommend Mark Banker take notice.

I could be wrong, but I think they use the clap to alert the center that the QB is ready for the ball (like the QB lifting his leg) and the center snaps it when he is ready. Not snapping the ball once he hears the clap.

I guess you aren't aware that Ohio State.....yes, the national champions......use it already.

I could be wrong, but I think they use the clap to alert the center that the QB is ready for the ball (like the QB lifting his leg) and the center snaps it when he is ready. Not snapping the ball once he hears the clap.
I wanna say TMart started the clap after the Ohio State comeback game, after seeing Braxton do it.

You are all missing the freaking point!

It's not about anything MSU did. GET OVER THAT WHOLE POINT.

It's not about if Ohio St. claps for the snap or not.

The whole point is that for three and a half quarters of Nebraska vs. MSU Tommy Armstrong clapped ONCE, and the center immediately snapped the ball after that single clap. EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I rewatched the game multiple times. Their DE's were rushing upfield before the ball was even snapped. Why? Because they knew the snap count. One clap.....center snaps. Everytime.

So while you're talking about who knows what, and plus 1'ing theSker for a comment that doesn't even pertain to the argument, notice how he has no response for the real issue.

You don't even know what youre talking about. None of you have even referenced what the original point was.

It isn't about clapping. It isn't about MSU clapping.

It's about a quarterback clapping once, and the center snapping the ball immediately after.....EVERY TIME.

They aren't supposed to do that.......

You're right. But if the QB claps and the center snaps it immediately every single time, en it becomes predictsble as hell doesn't it? Thus my whole f'ing point!

You're right. But if the QB claps and the center snaps it immediately every single time, en it becomes predictable as hell doesn't it? Thus my whole f'ing point!

well, any team stupid enough to do that deserves their outcome!