Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

Once again, I don't know why all of the butthurt in this thread is directed at me. I'm simply the messenger. I can't even count how many times I've heard Nebraska fans say that recruits don't want to play for Nebraska simply because there's nothing to do in Lincoln.

I don't understand the butthurt here. People are just pointing out that you are wrong. Where a School is located matters. If that hasn't been proven to you in this thread, then either you're not paying attention or choose to close your eyes to reality.

Not sure what "butthurt" you're referring to. :confused: Why this thread seemed to put sand in so many people's vaginas is beyond me.

Words are hard, I get it man

Use your worms!!!!

It just seems a little ridiculous when someone accuses some of twisting his opinions and putting words in his mouth when he didn't. Use. Any. Words.

St. Paul and I don't agree and we had a discussion he never wants to do that.

• Fire 1

Once again, I don't know why all of the butthurt in this thread is directed at me. I'm simply the messenger. I can't even count how many times I've heard Nebraska fans say that recruits don't want to play for Nebraska simply because there's nothing to do in Lincoln.

I don't understand the butthurt here. People are just pointing out that you are wrong. Where a School is located matters. If that hasn't been proven to you in this thread, then either you're not paying attention or choose to close your eyes to reality.

Not sure what "butthurt" you're referring to. :confused: Why this thread seemed to put sand in so many people's vaginas is beyond me.

What did you think would happen when you started this thread and just about everyone told you that it comes down to location, location, location and you still argue with them?

So take some ownership in your statements or leave it alone. Im not saying this to you im saying it for a friend.
I take complete ownership. My belief is that geographical location does not matter, if you have a coach that kids want to play for. I'm entitled to my opinion. I may not agree with everyone else's opinions, but I respect them all. Others want to hurl insults and act like juveniles. In the end, we are all Husker fans who all have the same vision. Why some Husker fans want to argue with others is something I'll never comprehend.

Use your worms!!!!

It just seems a little ridiculous when someone accuses some of twisting his opinions and putting words in his mouth when he didn't. Use. Any. Words.

Yeah. But I live in Minnesota so I have the geographical advantage of Minnesota Nice so we can't all be as good as me when it comes to discussing our disagreements.

• Fire 1

Because his system now is only getting the bare minimum done in the the worst power five conference.

:lol:

I'm glad you're happy with scraping out four loss seasons in the big ten. But if you think this is good enough you and I have a fundamental difference in greatness. Probably in more than just college football.

straw_man.jpg

• Fire 2

So take some ownership in your statements or leave it alone. Im not saying this to you im saying it for a friend.

I take complete ownership. My belief is that geographical location does not matter, if you have a coach that kids want to play for. I'm entitled to my opinion.

You're right, but so are truthers, moon landing hoaxers, and ancient alien believers.

But don't get mad when your opinion is discarded for being incredibly wrong. Go look up some of Andy Staples work on recruiting from the summer. You'll find out just how wrong you are.

Use your worms!!!!

I think when someone doesn't use any words is the most logical time that you can put words in their mouth, personally.

• Fire 1

Well, you're wrong. So why don't you admit it and move on.

This whole thread is totes stupid.

Watch the ESPNU ticker at the bottom of the screen during recruiting season and you'll see a common thread.

5* OLB Montravious {Sir Name} from Anytown Miss, commits to SEC team A, Montravious also had offers from SEC team B, C and D and FSU

4* RB Devaunte {Sir Name} from Anytown Florida, commits to SEC team A, Devaunte also had offers from SEC team B, C and D and OSU

5* DB Kwan {Sir Name} from Anytown SC, commits to SEC team A, Kwan also had offers from SEC team B, C and D and FSU

3* OL John (insert german-polish name) from anytown Midwest commits to B1G team A. John German/Polish dude also had offers from B1G team B, C, Notre Dame, Stanford and MAC team A

I guess the point is, when you see a 4 or 5* name just about every SEC school is recruiting this kid and throw in the occasional OSU/Texas/Neb/Oregon. SEC schools must throw 150 offers out there and hope 30-40 stick. Also as the map above points out, most of the 4 and 5* are from the deep south which are the poorest states with the worst educational systems. SEC schools certainly may offer a kid from the deep souf that other schools may steer clear of.

• Fire 1

Hmm, from what I remember, Tuscaloosa was in shambles when Saban arrived, as was LSU.

They played football in Alabama before Nick Saban arrived. And they did it quite well too. Some guy with an animals name........ ummm Bear something coached there. Nicky boy didn't bring a football to Bama and teach those boys down south a new sport. Stop acting like what Nick Saban did for Alabama is the same thing Bill Snyder did at KSU.

Come on now. From the mid 90s until Saban arrived, that program was garbage. Saban resurrected it, whether you care to admit it or not, just like he did at LSU.

I take complete ownership. My belief is that geographical location does not matter, if you have a coach that kids want to play for. I'm entitled to my opinion. I may not agree with everyone else's opinions, but I respect them all. Others want to hurl insults and act like juveniles. In the end, we are all Husker fans who all have the same vision. Why some Husker fans want to argue with others is something I'll never comprehend.

You've been plainly shown multiple times why your comparison to Nebraska and the two Mississippi schools' programs is not an accurate one. The point you're making above is clear, but your original post didn't really make any sense.

Well, you're wrong. So why don't you admit it and move on.

This whole thread is totes stupid.

So you mean to tell me that if Nick Saban came to coach at Nebraska that our recruiting classes wouldn't be Top 5 year in year out??