Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

Those that don't pay attention, cuz our previous QB did exactly that. Albeit with a private QB coach that he hired in the off season.

aren't you the one that doesn't think Armstrong can do that?

I think he can, but i don't think he will. Nothing in his game leads me to believe that he will get much better than what we've seen so far.

I'd like for him to prove me wrong, but sadly I don't think he will.

Alright, I found out the answer for the OP, what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't? Answer: A big payday for autographing memorabilia, at least according to an ex-SEC QB.

Link or it didn't happen.

My favorite quote from the article,

Garcia was then pressed to share the most amount of money he heard of in a autograph-related transaction. His answer: "$160,000 for one season" of autographs and the like.

Here is the full interview, Link.

• Fire 1

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-a-strong-rebuttal-to-star-wars/article_c2932116-54b5-11e4-9900-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

I use the 247 Composite here because it accumulates several recruiting ratings into one numerical score.

Ole Miss offense: 88.74

Ole Miss defense: 88.12

Mississippi State defense: 86.28

Nebraska defense: 86.03

Nebraska offense: 84.91

Mississippi State offense: 82.14

So Nebraska has equal talent but something is missing.

The difference between Miss St this year and last is that Dak Prescott has turned a corner and become an elite QB. It is that simple. I watched Miss St. Play a little last year, and he was very talented but wildly inconsistent. This year he has been great. A hot QB can make all the difference in the world.

Oh and for all the guys calling for a QB coach at NU it doesn't appear that Miss St has a person dedicated to being solely the QB coach.

This guy is an assistant coach and QB's. Pretty good resume. Seems better than who ever we have.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90894&SPID=10997&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209417001&Q_SEASON=2014

• Fire 1

Alright, I found out the answer for the OP, what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't? Answer: A big payday for autographing memorabilia, at least according to an ex-SEC QB.

Link or it didn't happen.

My favorite quote from the article,

Garcia was then pressed to share the most amount of money he heard of in a autograph-related transaction. His answer: "$160,000 for one season" of autographs and the like.

Here is the full interview, Link.

Well, there it is then. Straight from a horse's mouth. Hard to compete with that when your program has coaches who discourage cash payments to student athletes.

The hosts then asked how frequently Garcia saw players getting money in handshakes or in exchange for autographs or memorabilia and also whether the South Carolina quarterback took part in the impermissible benefits. His response warranted a chuckle from the hosts.

"I saw it all day, every day to be honest with you. I wish they came to me, but they thought of me as some rich white kid so I didn't really get benefits from that. I'm just being honest with you. I saw it firsthand with a lot of players and talking with other guys. You know I'm friends with a lot of players from around the SEC, and talking with them, it makes the Todd Gurley thing seem insignificant by a long shot."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24754865/ex-south-carolina-qb-stephen-garcia-talks-sec-players-getting-cash

Mississippi State, according to this June 2013 story, is still on probation and down 4 schollies for major recruiting violations. Hard to believe the only booster doing this was caught. I don't imagine many of these transactions ever come to light outside the programs.

The NCAA penalized Mississippi State's football program with two years of probation, a loss of four total scholarships, and a loss of four recruiting visits, and cited a former assistant coach for unethical conduct for major recruiting violations.

According to the NCAA, a since-disassociated booster assisted a player in securing a car, provided cash to a recruit on multiple locations and told the recruit if he did not take a visit to another school, he would be paid $6,000.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9352487/mississippi-state-bulldogs-put-probation-ncaa

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-a-strong-rebuttal-to-star-wars/article_c2932116-54b5-11e4-9900-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

I use the 247 Composite here because it accumulates several recruiting ratings into one numerical score.

The difference between Miss St this year and last is that Dak Prescott has turned a corner and become an elite QB. It is that simple. I watched Miss St. Play a little last year, and he was very talented but wildly inconsistent. This year he has been great. A hot QB can make all the difference in the world.

Oh and for all the guys calling for a QB coach at NU it doesn't appear that Miss St has a person dedicated to being solely the QB coach.

This guy is an assistant coach and QB's. Pretty good resume. Seems better than who ever we have.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90894&SPID=10997&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209417001&Q_SEASON=2014

You win, the site I looked at listed no specific QB coach. That was never my emphasis in posting. My point was that they have a QB playing very well and that is the difference in MSU this year.

For about the first 15 years TO was head coach his QB coach was also the OC, that would be himself. Just saying, it is very common.

You win, the site I looked at listed no specific QB coach. That was never my emphasis in posting. My point was that they have a QB playing very well and that is the difference in MSU this year.

For about the first 15 years TO was head coach his QB coach was also the OC, that would be himself. Just saying, it is very common.

Nothing wrong with that. However beck is a RB coach who now coaches QBs. Gotta keep Barney around for the big picture stuff

• Fire 1

Not trying to win, not meant to be that at all.

I agree 100% that stellar QB play makes a huge difference. I can name countless teams that would have fallen flat without great QB play. Or ones that could have excelled with a good one.

I never would have thought Ole Miss, Bo Wallace, would be doing this well. He has improved by leaps and bounds from last year. Again, great QB play.

Not saying TA can't get there, but in this O, we need MUCH better play in the passing game as it appears that Beck wants to throw the outs and flat routes that TA (now) doesn't hit very well. He throws long well IMO. Adjust the O (TA's passing game) to his current skill set and I think we see a big leap in his and the O's performance.

Not trying to win, not meant to be that at all.

I agree 100% that stellar QB play makes a huge difference. I can name countless teams that would have fallen flat without great QB play. Or ones that could have excelled with a good one.

I never would have thought Ole Miss, Bo Wallace, would be doing this well. He has improved by leaps and bounds from last year. Again, great QB play.

Not saying TA can't get there, but in this O, we need MUCH better play in the passing game as it appears that Beck wants to throw the outs and flat routes that TA (now) doesn't hit very well. He throws long well IMO. Adjust the O (TA's passing game) to his current skill set and I think we see a big leap in his and the O's performance.

I agree he plays better and the offense takes another step forward

The difference between Miss St this year and last is that Dak Prescott has turned a corner and become an elite Q

B. It is that simple. I watched Miss St. Play a little last year, and he was very talented but wildly inconsistent. This year he has been great. A hot QB can make all the difference in the world.

For about the first 15 years TO was head coach his QB coach was also the OC, that would be himself. Just saying, it is very common

Nothing wrong with that. However beck is a RB coach who now coaches QBs. Gotta keep Barney around for the big picture stuff

And your point is what?

Ron Brown was a wr coach before he coached RBI

George Darlington coached defensive ends for 15 years before moving to the secondary.

Scott Frost coached DB at UNI before becoming the wr coach at Oregon. Now he is OC and coaches QB.

I myself have been in charge of every position group on a football team.

All coaches can coach different groups

The difference between Miss St this year and last is that Dak Prescott has turned a corner and become an elite Q

B. It is that simple. I watched Miss St. Play a little last year, and he was very talented but wildly inconsistent. This year he has been great. A hot QB can make all the difference in the world.

For about the first 15 years TO was head coach his QB coach was also the OC, that would be himself. Just saying, it is very common

And your point is what?

Ron Brown was a wr coach before he coached RBI

George Darlington coached defensive ends for 15 years before moving to the secondary.

Scott Frost coached DB at UNI before becoming the wr coach at Oregon. Now he is OC and coaches QB.

I myself have been in charge of every position group on a football team.

All coaches can coach different groups

Did you excel at coaching a particular group? The only example you have of a guy switching to QB coach is a MNC winning QB or Nebraska.....