Kenny Bell just can't stop being Kenny Bell

NUpolo8

He's done good things on the field but seems to lack common communication skills and knowledge. What to do/say and what not to do/say. It's all pretty old and tiring by now and I try to just ignore anything that comes out of his mouth or Twitter account. He will be remembered for being a great receiver here but once he's gone I won't be saying, "I wish we still had Kenny."

Yep.

I disagree. I think Kenny is actually a pretty smart kid and gets it for the most part. It's not common communication skills that he lacks - that would be Taylor. What Kenny lacks is any fu#*$ to give. He says what's on his mind and doesn't care if people disagree with him.

Someone like that is only a douchebag if you disagree with them. If they have the same opinion as you then they're applauded for telling it like it is. I know enough people that have interacted with Kenny for longer than 10 seconds and have good things to say about him as a person, and I've always liked him.

He just has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth at times and when he does he doesn't really care.

No.

I get what B007 was saying and I agree. Kenny is a smart guy. However, the disconnect is that he thinks he's way smarter than he actually is, he appears to think that his football ego lends credibility to any statement that he makes, and he has a total disregard for the way his statements might be viewed and may affect others.

This.

Lol. I remember the days before Twitter when nobody gave two sh*ts what any player said or did or even knew for that matter, unless it got printed in the local rag. Now, with the advent of all this social media, everything is under a microscope and I feel like we often end up making mountains out of molehills...

I only care about what happens on Saturdays anymore... who gives a damn what Kenny has to say.

• Fire 1

He's done good things on the field but seems to lack common communication skills and knowledge. What to do/say and what not to do/say. It's all pretty old and tiring by now and I try to just ignore anything that comes out of his mouth or Twitter account. He will be remembered for being a great receiver here but once he's gone I won't be saying, "I wish we still had Kenny."

Yep.

I disagree. I think Kenny is actually a pretty smart kid and gets it for the most part. It's not common communication skills that he lacks - that would be Taylor. What Kenny lacks is any fu#*$ to give. He says what's on his mind and doesn't care if people disagree with him.

Someone like that is only a douchebag if you disagree with them. If they have the same opinion as you then they're applauded for telling it like it is. I know enough people that have interacted with Kenny for longer than 10 seconds and have good things to say about him as a person, and I've always liked him.

He just has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth at times and when he does he doesn't really care.

No.

I get what B007 was saying and I agree. Kenny is a smart guy. However, the disconnect is that he thinks he's way smarter than he actually is, he appears to think that his football ego lends credibility to any statement that he makes, and he has a total disregard for the way his statements might be viewed and may affect others.

I have agreed with a lot of things that Kenny has said in the past, but the way he goes about saying them is the problem. He's completely out of touch and we're getting to the point where we're seeing past all his bullsh#t. I'm sure he's a good person, but he gets short-sighted by his ego when he talks to the media or logs onto twitter. Just shut. up. Maybe think for 5 seconds before you speak. Don't give your perceived "haters" any recognition by retweeting them or whatever, it just comes across as petty and butthurt, especially after a piss-poor performance. I think that's what B007 meant by lack of communication skills.

Taylor simply could not communicate. Kenny communicates too much, and without thinking.

this really bothers me. those "haters" are losers, no doubt. but he needs to be above that. because people will use that tiny sample size to generalize the entire fan base. it becomes self-centered and pernicious.

i mean, it is his right if he wants to highlight the worst of the fanbase to everyone, but i hope he thinks about the perception he is helping to propagate.

I think this is where the feelings of people just waiting for him to move,on come from.

It's once again, just another negative situation swirling around this team. Whether it becomes a big deal and whether it was intended to be are questions yet to be answered but here we are a 6-1 football team feeling some good vibes about a Northwestern win, and then this........

It's just kind of a tiresome feeling. There's probably many other dramatic situations the team deals with that we don't know of, and we already know they deal with plenty anyway. These distractions have got to go away and akenny has to stop being a part of them. He's supposed to be a leader. I think he feels he is being a leader when he speaks for the team and sometimes defends his teammates, but I think he's sometimes doing more harm than good.

Of course, flip side is, maybe there's a reason Beck and some others hate giving quotes. We could spin any of them in whatever way we want, and they can't really defend it before its out of control.

No.

I have agreed with a lot of things that Kenny has said in the past, but the way he goes about saying them is the problem. He's completely out of touch and we're getting to the point where we're seeing past all his bullsh#t. I'm sure he's a good person, but he gets short-sighted by his ego when he talks to the media or logs onto twitter. Just shut. up. Maybe think for 5 seconds before you speak. Don't give your perceived "haters" any recognition by retweeting them or whatever, it just comes across as petty and butthurt, especially after a piss-poor performance. I think that's what B007 meant by lack of communication skills.

Taylor simply could not communicate. Kenny communicates too much, and without thinking.

I mostly agree but to all of that I simply say,

so what?

Hardly anywhere even remotely close to topping the list of egregious offenses by college football players that are treated like royalty by everyone around them at all times. The egos of Kenny Bell and every other player are just as much their own fault as they are the fault of a culture that we all contribute to, with messageboards centered around their accomplishments and billion dollar tv contracts.

Think for a second of how little you would think your sh#t stinks if you were in his shoes.

No.

so what?

Hardly anywhere even remotely close to topping the list of egregious offenses by college football players that are treated like royalty by everyone around them at all times. The egos of Kenny Bell and every other player are just as much their own fault as they are the fault of a culture that we all contribute to, with messageboards centered around their accomplishments and billion dollar tv contracts.

Think for a second of how little you would think your sh#t stinks if you were in his shoes.

It's quite possible to not have that attitude and have what he has been afforded/earned.

No.

so what?

Whoa. Just because this attitude seems common anymore, doesn't make it a prerequisite.

I think this is where the feelings of people just waiting for him to move,on come from.

It's once again, just another negative situation swirling around this team. Whether it becomes a big deal and whether it was intended to be are questions yet to be answered but here we are a 6-1 football team feeling some good vibes about a Northwestern win, and then this........

It's just kind of a tiresome feeling. There's probably many other dramatic situations the team deals with that we don't know of, and we already know they deal with plenty anyway. These distractions have got to go away and akenny has to stop being a part of them. He's supposed to be a leader. I think he feels he is being a leader when he speaks for the team and sometimes defends his teammates, but I think he's sometimes doing more harm than good.

Of course, flip side is, maybe there's a reason Beck and some others hate giving quotes. We could spin any of them in whatever way we want, and they can't really defend it before its out of control.

yeah,in reference to him favoriting and retweeting his twitter haters; just be above it. do not get dragged down with the dregs of the fanbase. when you engage, it becomes self-centered. he realizes they are immature losers, no reason to be compelled to respond. he probably does not see it that way, but that is certainly how it can come off.

It's quite possible to not have that attitude and have what he has been afforded/earned.

It's also not common, in my experience.

I think most anyone that has spent any considerable amount of time around star athletes in a fish bowl will testify that the baseline is conceited and convinced of their own legend by unending positive reinforcement by every face they come across.

It's possible, but rare, to be able to maintain humility through that sort of thing. I don't like it, but I don't expect every player to be Rex Burkhead (which is actually a big shift in mentality from me). All the while Kenny has been a good teammate, never gotten into trouble, given a lot back to the community and positively impacted tons of lives.

I just don't see why we're up in arms about a bit of arrogance and bravado, all things considered.

No.

so what?

Rex and Ameer, to name just two, didn't seem to have this problem and both of them sure would be more entitled to an inflated sense of self worth than Kenny. It's not endemic to cfb to do what Kenny does so let's not act like he isn't responsible for what he says.

• Fire 2

No.

so what?

Rex and Ameer, to name just two, didn't seem to have this problem and both of them sure would be more entitled to an inflated sense of self worth than Kenny. It's not endemic to cfb to do what Kenny does so let's not act like he isn't responsible for what he says.

i honestly struggle to think of another husker player who has had this much attention for these types of things. crouch threatening to quit, maybe?