Kenny Bell just can't stop being Kenny Bell

NUpolo8

Fact: He has the headphones and the back tattoo and likes to post photos of super fancy dinners. The best look for those things, with his crappy argument, is that they were gifts.

*followed by more speculation*

Look, I already told you his argument was crappy, which goes back to him not thinking before speaking. But I'd like to go back to your college expenses, I'm sure that when you were broke in college you never spent money on anything but ramen, books, gas, and rent, right? Never ate out, never went to a party, never bought a stereo or whatever...right? Pointing fingers at a single tattoo and a pair of headphones is basically confirmation bias, looking for any bit of evidence that will confirm your view that Kenny has a bunch of money and made up an argument when things are fine. And since we don't know anything about his finances except speculation based on photos, that's why trying to be internet detective is inherently pointless.

And even if he did just totally fabricate a crappy argument, he's still on the correct side of the debate. And now I'm done sticking up for Kenny Bell.

How was what you quoted speculation? He either has them or he's a liar. Not sure how he can pretend to have a tattoo, though. And you're totally off on my opinion. I don't have an opinion on how much money he has, and I don't think he made up that he had electricity shut off. I think he's awful with money and if he's going to buy superfluous things he shouldn't be whining about his electric bill to try to make a point about college players not getting paid.

I'm in college, right now, and I'm living off of similar funding (e.g. he gets an athletic scholarship, I likely get the equivalent in educational scholarships and loans *gasp* I'm speculating). I do know I don't get more from the school than he does. That would be silly. I have no idea if he has outside sources of income. I just know that I can pay my bills with what I get from UNL. I can't even come close to coming up with non essentials I've bought that amount to as much money as those 3 things.

Bell has been a good receiver for us and I'm proud of what he's done for us on the field. Off the field, though...he's a bit of an embarrassment.

If KB is an embarrassment then Nebraska has it good.

Alabama player seems to be rooming with Mary Jane

Winston

Gurley

At least wait to see if bell makes a statement before we hang him by his fro

• Fire 4

I'm just as tired of Kenny Bell as I was of Taylor Martinez. There are 130 other kids on the team who go about their business and work and play hard without being insufferable douches - maybe Kenny should take note and quit being a distraction. Or if you're going to be a distraction, maybe don't drop 5 on-the-money passes in one game?

Kids will be kids and all but man, enough is enough.

Stop calling Kenny a kid.

And last I remember, Taylor did put his body on the line, several times, and never once complained like this. Kenny taps himself out of plays at least as many times as he drops a pass.

^^^^ Mucho respect for this statement.

Always have to find a reason around here to complain. Kenny is a great kid and I would take him on my team everyday of the week. Avg at best? He is a dynamic playmaker that changes the way defenses play us. Even when the stat sheet doesn't reflect his impact he does impact the game. He is one of the most unselfish wr I have ever seen. He takes pride in blocking. So he likes the way tommy leads over the way tmart led. Big deal. Lets move on to Rutgers and this potential great season we could have

• Fire 1

So we hate kenny bell now? This is weird. I need to edit my enemies list, I guess.

Pretty sure no one here does.

If what he said was true,

It's not.

Proof?

Did you not watch any of the games where he singlehandedly tried win for us (albeit sometimes after his own mistakes) when nothing else was working? Just look at his attempt against Wisconsin in the championship. After he threw the interception against MSU that got returned for a TD he mouthed the words "f* me" on the sideline. You can watch it on video if you want, I don't have the clip but it was on the national broadcast. How about playing through injury almost the entire four years he played? I don't see why I even need to reply to this or how you could make that post if you watched the games he played. We're doubting he had a will to win now? The hell?

So we hate kenny bell now? This is weird. I need to edit my enemies list, I guess.

Pretty sure no one here does.

If what he said was true,

It's not.

Proof?

Did you not watch any of the games where he singlehandedly tried win for us (albeit sometimes after his own mistakes) when nothing else was working? Just look at his attempt against Wisconsin in the championship. After he threw the interception against MSU that got returned for a TD he mouthed the words "f* me" on the sideline. You can watch it on video if you want, I don't have the clip but it was on the national broadcast. How about playing through injury almost the entire four years he played? I don't see why I even need to reply to this or how you could make that post if you watched the games he played. We're doubting he had a will to win now? The hell?

Look. Kenny said that it was something that had been missing for a while. He didn't say that it had been missing for 4 years. Maybe something happened last year around the Wyoming or UCLA game that changed. I don't know and neither do you. But to say that he always cared is just as absurd as people calling out Kenny for his comments. The fact is no one knows. But based on Kenny's past statements and quotes he usually speaks what he feels. And if he feels this way, I have no reason to not believe him.

And while playing through pain is commendable and I admire his fortitude to do so, it is not always an indication of someone just wanting to win. A person that cares about winning also has to know when it's not them that will get the job done for the betterment of the team. See Minnesota 2013.

Very interesting thread going on right now.

I think too many of you guys read to much into what a guy says after practice that is tweeted out by a reporter.

Is he talking about TM, maybe, he may only be talking about his maturation as a leader.

IMO TM was not a leader which is a very important aspect of being a QB. I don't think it was TM fault though, looking at his mannerisms and the way he speaks he may have just a touch of Autism. Its a disconnect that he really can't help. A great athlete and I am sure he wants to win, he just has a hard time showing that to his teammates.

• Fire 1

Kenny isnt the first to speak out on such sentiments either. Someone in fall camp said the qb's this year were doing a much better job of taking the coaching and playing the system rather than trying to hit home runs every play like the past. Quincy Enunway dropped a couple soundbites last year and openly showed some frustration. Kenny Bell didnt have to say this to make ok for folks to speculate a lack of leadership from the qb position. I've been seeing it for a few years. It's just the way it was. So be it. But really, we need to move on. Intended or not, Kenny and reporters alike, need to start choosing words wisely instead of pokin this bear that keeps trying to go to sleep.

• Fire 1