Any chance Gregory stays?

He has actually told people in the program he wants to come back. He really loves Nebraska, and he knows that we're going to be a great defense next year with all the injured guys coming back.

I dont think he actually comes back when the time comes to make a decision, but don't be completely shocked if he actually stays.

I'm glad you brought this up. I wanted to, but thought I'd wait to see if someone else had heard the same. The words goin around that he's tellin numerous folks as if he's already made his decision. But we'll wait and see what this stretch run brings.

The thing is, when you have an insurance policy and you love a place as much as he appears to here, and youre influenced by such great people like Ameer Abdullah and Bo Pelini, it creates a perfect storm for guys to stay. Plus, I really think his game needs some more refining. And he probably needs another 10-20 pounds of good weight put on him, even to play OLB in a 3-4.

He does look a little light to me. Yea, 10-20 pounds would do him good. Heck, tell him anything. Just keep him here:)

CBS Sports Mock Draft

2. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

(1-7) Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska: The Jaguars' record isn't pretty but head coach Gus Bradley's infectious enthusiasm, a hard-hitting defense and talented rookie quarterback Blake Bortles have this franchise on the upswing. Gregory is well-suited to starring in Bradley's hybrid 4-3 alignment at the LEO defensive end, as he's long (6-5, 255 pounds), explosive and passionate against both the run and pass.

"with the 3rd pick in the 2015 NFL draft the new york jets select Randy Gregory"

God noooooo. Anywhere but the jets or the raiders. His career will die. Like to see the bucks draft him. LVD and RG.

Right, not the Jets or the Raiders, but you'd like to see him to the perennial power house Bucs.

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen 46m46 minutes ago

Todd McShay has Randy Gregory as the No. 3 prospect and Ameer Abdullah the No. 31 for the 2015 NFL Draft. #Huskers

I'd be extremely surprised to see Abdullah go that high if for no other reason than running backs have for the most part lost their luster as being drafted high. Gregory came in here from JuCo. Other than wanting to play one more year of college ball, I doubt anything to do with a college education keeps him here.

SI Mock Draft

1 - RANDY GREGORY, DE

RS Junior, Nebraska
NFL offenses continue to operate at a faster and faster clip, featuring increasingly versatile players. So why shouldn't defenses counter in kind?
Gregory may be similar to current Raiders rookie standout Khalil Mack, but ... well, check out this film of Gregory vs. Miami, for example. (Hat tip to the always useful Draft Breakdown.) Nebraska lines him up at RE in a 4-3, then flips him to the left side. He uses a two-point stance, a three-point stance, drops back essentially as an inside linebacker in a 3-4 configurations -- he can blitz or play coverage from there.
If I'm a head coach or defensive coordinator, just hand me Gregory and Mack and I'll worry about how to align them later. As far as disruptive talents for the front seven, there is not a more all-encompassing option than Gregory in this class.

I think some people are too quick to take the human element out of it, possibly because Gregory seems like a loner FU type on the field. However, as much financial sense as it would make to go pro, there is a small––more like microscopic––chance that Gregory just enjoys his life right now, realizes that one year is not that long a wait and that the risks of staying are not that high (or consequential) at his position, and makes a choice based on who he is, not cashing a paycheck. Life is short whether you go to the NFL or not. Not everyone gets another shot to be the central piece of a MONSTER defensive line, deep and talented as they come, at a tradition-rich school.

Probably he goes, but I'm not ready to give away his jersey # just yet.