Any chance Gregory stays?

Chance he stay? Yeah bouts as good a chance as u gettin ma's secret cornbread recipe!

He gone, ain't no loyalty in dat Bros face, he in it fo what randy Gregory can get no guessin

Dollar bill yall, or #6 crystal ball in da case..yeah don't take no eichorst salary to figga dat shiggidy out

You're quickly becoming the most entertaining poster on this board.

But I don't think it's a question of loyalty, anybody who is offered top draft pick money (Randy is going to be somewhere in the top 10, likely top 5) shouldn't risk injury. Go get paid and provide for your family. Can't knock a guy for that.

• Fire 1

Matt Leinart was projected to go #1 after his Junior year. He came back and ended up dropping to #10. It cost him millions.

Jadaveon Clowney was going to be the #1 pick after his RS Sophomore season. He came back and got hurt/mailed it in. Still was the #1 pick but hasn't played a snap in 4 weeks.

The lesson is to take the opportunity while you are ahead. I don't think Gregory can afford to come back.

I will leave the door open just a bit for him coming back if we somehow get to the playoffs and not win the NC and he wants another shot at it. But I still wouldn't bet on it.

clowney never redshirted

Well, except for his junior year that he took off.

Hey-o!!

Matt Leinart was projected to go #1 after his Junior year. He came back and ended up dropping to #10. It cost him millions.

Jadaveon Clowney was going to be the #1 pick after his RS Sophomore season. He came back and got hurt/mailed it in. Still was the #1 pick but hasn't played a snap in 4 weeks.

The lesson is to take the opportunity while you are ahead. I don't think Gregory can afford to come back.

I will leave the door open just a bit for him coming back if we somehow get to the playoffs and not win the NC and he wants another shot at it. But I still wouldn't bet on it.

clowney never redshirted

You're right. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

He has actually told people in the program he wants to come back. He really loves Nebraska, and he knows that we're going to be a great defense next year with all the injured guys coming back.

I dont think he actually comes back when the time comes to make a decision, but don't be completely shocked if he actually stays.

He has actually told people in the program he wants to come back. He really loves Nebraska, and he knows that we're going to be a great defense next year with all the injured guys coming back.

I dont think he actually comes back when the time comes to make a decision, but don't be completely shocked if he actually stays.

I'm glad you brought this up. I wanted to, but thought I'd wait to see if someone else had heard the same. The words goin around that he's tellin numerous folks as if he's already made his decision. But we'll wait and see what this stretch run brings.

The thing is, when you have an insurance policy and you love a place as much as he appears to here, and youre influenced by such great people like Ameer Abdullah and Bo Pelini, it creates a perfect storm for guys to stay. Plus, I really think his game needs some more refining. And he probably needs another 10-20 pounds of good weight put on him, even to play OLB in a 3-4.

clowney never redshirted

I think he might be redshirting now with the Texans because I have not seen that guy at all
  • Fire 1

I don't think the "finish your education" argument is a very good one when you're projected high. He could get the signing bonus and then even if he's a dud in the NFL he'll have more than enough money to finish his degree whenever the heck he wants. But Ameer made the right decision because no matter how well he does in college it's gonna be hard for him to convince NFL teams that he's a legit NFL running back. Hopefully he can do it, though.

Didn't Randy say he went to Junior College because he wasn't taking classes seriuosly in high school, or something like that? Nothing wrong with that. He's a gifted enough athlete to make a boatload of money in the NFL, and as long as he takes care of his finances he can always go back and get a degree later, and really, do whatever he wants. He impresses me as a smart dude, regardless of his educational aspirations.

The only real question, unless he's fallen in love with his sociology program, is how much does he enjoy playing with and being with his college teammates? Because once he moves on no amount of money can buy back another year with them.

Glad someone else brought it up. I know early in the season, (I want to say before the Fresno game IIRC), Bo thought there was a decent chance he comes back. Obviously I still give it under a 25% chance, but there is a chance. Like Fowler said, this D knows how good they could be with Rose, Jackson, Leroy and Moss returning.

clowney never redshirted

I think he might be redshirting now with the Texans because I have not seen that guy at all

Injured, believe he could be back soon.

If Bo was being honest to Randy, Bo should tell Randy to go pro. Randy is most likely going to be a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5. The best thing Bo could tell Randy is to go pro, but be smart with your money. Get a nice rookie contract, stay healthy for 4 years, and then get a nice 2nd contract. I really hope Randy doesn't come back to NU. I want to see him tear up the NFL and get his money.

If Bo was being honest to Randy, Bo should tell Randy to go pro. Randy is most likely going to be a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5. The best thing Bo could tell Randy is to go pro, but be smart with your money. Get a nice rookie contract, stay healthy for 4 years, and then get a nice 2nd contract. I really hope Randy doesn't come back to NU. I want to see him tear up the NFL and get his money.

I don't think Bo should tell him anything, leave it up to Gregory to make the decision.