Any chance Gregory stays?

The NFL will grab him in the first round by time its all said and done. Even though he is about 15-20lbs underweight for NFL DE. He's a little too lean and will get worn down. I hope he returns for my selfish Husker reasons, and I think he is still a year away from being able to put it all together. Not the best against the run for example.

The NFL will grab him in the first round by time its all said and done. Even though he is about 15-20lbs underweight for NFL DE. He's a little too lean and will get worn down. I hope he returns for my selfish Husker reasons, and I think he is still a year away from being able to put it all together. Not the best against the run for example.

Agree with this. Long term wise I think he would serve himself best to use another season to bulk up 15 pounds and work on run/block and prepare for pros. He could learn some new things with new staff as well.

However, the money and risk of injury will push him out the door.

It would be a gift beyond hope that Gregory stays. Fearsome pass rusher, a player offenses have to game-plan around, would make the entire line x-amount better by being on the field.

It's odd that he hasn't declared for the draft yet. It's odd that Bo twice said the entire D Line would return next year (although he amended that later in regards to Gregory).

But I just can't see any way you turn down a top-five pick. That's set-up-for-life money. He can't hardly improve his status in the draft. The benefits to him staying, for him personally, are minimal. I'm not anticipating his return next year. I won't be disappointed if he goes.

It would be a gift beyond hope that Gregory stays. Fearsome pass rusher, a player offenses have to game-plan around, would make the entire line x-amount better by being on the field.

It's odd that he hasn't declared for the draft yet. It's odd that Bo twice said the entire D Line would return next year (although he amended that later in regards to Gregory).

But I just can't see any way you turn down a top-five pick. That's set-up-for-life money. He can't hardly improve his status in the draft. The benefits to him staying, for him personally, are minimal. I'm not anticipating his return next year. I won't be disappointed if he goes.

I would almost be disappointed if he stays. I don't want to see the guy get hurt playing for free when he could set up his family for life by going to the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I love him as a Husker... but the dude has to be smart.

How much money does his insurance policy for football cover?

I read somewhere that Winston's insurance covers up to 10 millions dollars, but they say the premiums for the insurance can run up to 50 to 60,000 per year. It is unlikely for someone to carry insurance for multiple years bc of financing required to carry insurance. I dont know if Gregory's is that high or that expensive, but I would say it is safe to say he will be headed to the NFL

Just read this and found it odd. Makes me wonder exactly why Gregory wasn't available for the Iowa game:

Also Thursday, Cotton said NU hopes to have Randy Gregory back after the junior defensive end sat out the Iowa game, “but that has not been cleared up yet.”

LINK

Doesn't sound like an illness. Maybe concussion? Maybe the knee injury?

Maybe disciplinary?

Just read this and found it odd. Makes me wonder exactly why Gregory wasn't available for the Iowa game:

Also Thursday, Cotton said NU hopes to have Randy Gregory back after the junior defensive end sat out the Iowa game, “but that has not been cleared up yet.”

LINK

Doesn't sound like an illness. Maybe concussion? Maybe the knee injury?

Maybe disciplinary?

Maybe Randy is being smart and not playing in a meaningless game.