*** The Official Purdue Boilermakers Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

if we're going to run, why on earth do we need 3 wideouts??? you're not fooling anyone Beck...

Announcers confirming what you posted...
Wait. Are you guys honestly complaining about play calling that led to a TD?

You miss the point. The play worked despite the defense being called perfectly to defend that play. That was players making plays...geez...I just...I got nothing. I mean any criticism is unjust in your mind. How do you ever get better without critiquing?

That was beck putting his players in a place to make the play. Once TA got past the first defender the 3 receivers set up the blocking that allowed the TD.

That is analysis. Saying, OMG WHY PUT RECEIVERS OUT THERE DURING A RUN just makes you sound like an idiot.

No that's not what he was saying at all. Why put guys outside to spread the defense out to respect the pass when they know you aren't going to pass....now that Beck has passed, they have to respect it again. You're not reading what we are writing. You just see negative stuff and assume it has no merit. Open you mind.

• Fire 1

if we're going to run, why on earth do we need 3 wideouts??? you're not fooling anyone Beck...

if we're going to keep running the ball, having three wideouts is a waste of manpower...

Not really, it makes them cover the WR's instead of stacking the box.

Except they weren't. They were sending corners to blitz....

They sent one corner to blitz. The receivers then set the blocks that allowed the TD.

You miss the point. The play worked despite the defense being called perfectly to defend that play. That was players making plays...geez...I just...I got nothing. I mean any criticism is unjust in your mind. How do you ever get better without critiquing?

That was beck putting his players in a place to make the play. Once TA got past the first defender the 3 receivers set up the blocking that allowed the TD.

That is analysis. Saying, OMG WHY PUT RECEIVERS OUT THERE DURING A RUN just makes you sound like an idiot.

That was one he got from Scott Frost. We'll probably see some jazz hands later on.

• Fire 1

No that's not what he was saying at all. Why put guys outside to spread the defense out to respect the pass when they know you aren't going to pass....now that Beck has passed, they have to respect it again. You're not reading what we are writing. You just see negative stuff and assume it has no merit. Open you mind.

Do you know they know you're not going to pass?

if we're going to keep running the ball, having three wideouts is a waste of manpower...

Not really, it makes them cover the WR's instead of stacking the box.

yeah, but thats why instead of having 3 wide outs, you have one, run two TE's, a FB, and run the ball down their throats...