*** The Official Purdue Boilermakers Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Except they weren't. They were sending corners to blitz....

They sent a safety and still had 3 corners covering the WRs.

Yes I saw the replay...the point was if they are going to attack the run then either throw the ball and keep them honest or bring in more guys to block...look it's just discussion. I understand Beck knows more than I do...that doesn't mean my observations never bring up good points. It's just the constant barrage of insults and snide remarks when anyone questions something. You ever think that maybe our questions are legitimate questions (wanting a mature answer) and not just "whining?"

In all for questioning things, but pick your moments dude. Complaining about a call that ends with an easy TD is just begging for the responses you seem to dislike so much.

Corey Cooper-Hopefully it's just a stinger. We need to come back in the second half and destroy this team!

Not feeling as hopeful against Wisconsin in 2 weeks. I can't believe how many miscues we had on offense.

Pierson-El should be a much bigger threat than what he's been. When he gets the ball in his hands he's a badass and looks like he could take it all the way at any time.

This lady interviewing Bo will not shut up

Bo showing progress, old Bo would have copped an attitude. Dealing with annoying media just comes with the territory.

You could see in his facial expressions that he was annoyed though. Don't blame him at all with a couple of those questions.

Not really, it makes them cover the WR's instead of stacking the box.

if we're going to keep running the ball, having three wideouts is a waste of manpower...

yeah, but thats why instead of having 3 wide outs, you have one, run two TE's, a FB, and run the ball down their throats...

Not only that, but having a Fullback serves multiple purposes. He can be your lead blocker, an extra running threat, or a receiving threat. Plus because he is in the backfield he can insert himself anywhere into the line once the ball is snapped, thus changing the gaps & responsibilities for the defense to cover.

For the 2nd week in a row we played somewhat poorly yet are up 21-7 at half, don't know if we are good enough to shrug off bad halves or if Rutgers and Purdue are just awful

Rutgers and Purdue are pretty bad. We can do this against teams like that. We also did it against MSU, that didn't work out so well.

Corey Cooper-Hopefully it's just a stinger. We need to come back in the second half and destroy this team!

Not feeling as hopeful against Wisconsin in 2 weeks. I can't believe how many miscues we had on offense.

Pierson-El should be a much bigger threat than what he's been. When he gets the ball in his hands he's a badass and looks like he could take it all the way at any time.

This ^^^

For the 2nd week in a row we played somewhat poorly yet are up 21-7 at half, don't know if we are good enough to shrug off bad halves or if Rutgers and Purdue are just awful

I don't think Purdue is awful...maybe mediocre...but some credit has to be given to our defense which has played fairly well, absent the crazy interception/turnover

Another nice halftime interview. Say what you want, but Bo's been much better when things haven't been going our way, and I think you see that in the team.

What did he say? The bar I'm at turned the sound off...

she asked about copper and abdullah and he answered saying that they werent that bad of injuries. She kept asking about ameer and you could tell he was holding back his emotions.

You've got that right. He's unbelievable for a freshman. That's one weapon that we need to use as much as possible.

Except they weren't. They were sending corners to blitz....

They sent a safety and still had 3 corners covering the WRs.

Yes I saw the replay...the point was if they are going to attack the run then either throw the ball and keep them honest or bring in more guys to block...look it's just discussion. I understand Beck knows more than I do...that doesn't mean my observations never bring up good points. It's just the constant barrage of insults and snide remarks when anyone questions something. You ever think that maybe our questions are legitimate questions (wanting a mature answer) and not just "whining?"

In all for questioning things, but pick your moments dude. Complaining about a call that ends with an easy TD is just begging for the responses you seem to dislike so much.

I didn't point out that play...only that the announcer was mentioning the same thing another poster pointed out...