K-State radio pregame show features anti-Nebraska rant

Husker66

did anyone else in KC area here this last night?

Im driving back from bow hunting last night just north of Lawrence surfing channels and pick up a discussion about nebraska football...its on the pregame-pregame Kstate show... on 810 am i believe. we dont get any nebraska coverage down here in KC anymore so im real interested...but i wasnt expecting what i heard next,it really left me speechless...

in a very scripted, childish , stick it in your face nebraska football fans style, this guy is talking about Nebraska leaving the Big 12 for the B1G. he makes the following statements...

how does it feel playing in a watered down 14 team B1G

how does it feel adding rutgers and maryland

He lists off our home schedule this year and how bad it is

he makes the case that the "greatest travelling fans" don't travel anymore

that nebraska leaving and WV coming in was such an upgrade for the Big12 and WV

that the Big 12 is so superior to B1G

The Big 12 is having a great time making lotsa money with 10 teams and everyone is so happy

that the end of the Big 12 will never happen

we are irrelelevant

on and on and on...

not once did he mention Mizzou or aTm, leaving for the SEC

and I came into this in the middle of his rant! wish I could have heard all of it!

all i could think was how K state is about to play a nationally televised game for a great shot at the Final 4, have a great coach, are(were) doing well with only 1 loss barely to a great Auburn team, KSU is ranked #7, and this is what he is spending 2 minutes on his show? this is how he is signing off? 3 years after the fact out of the blue?

the tone was a strange mixture of nanny nanny boo boo, childish, unprofessionsal, out of place, giddyness.

i thought us leaving was water under the bridge by now, but i guess not for one K state radio guy...he's still butt hurt..does kstate even have a conference title yet?

did anyone else hear this?

cL0yWAF.jpg

• Fire 5

Tiny program in a tiny town, tiny stadium that only gets filled when opponent fans come in droves, decades upon decades of irrelevance, a magician of a coach who can turn a rag-tag band of JUCO transfers and walk-ons into a cohesive football team. This is the reality of Kansas State football. Every second that ticks off this guy's clock must remind him that, sooner rather than later, Coach Snyder is going to retire, and when he does, Kansas State will return to irrelevance.

I imagine living with that knowledge makes one a little crazy once in a while. Or, in the case of K-State fan, crazier.

• Fire 4

If we were so irrelevent, why did he just waste several hours of his life preparing and then reading this on a radio station before the biggest game of the year for KST?

He says the same drivel at least once a week, so he spent 30 minutes 4 years ago and just keeps saying the same thing over and over. He has hated NU since the late 80s growing up - went to KSU and is a great booster.

He also is a sunshine pumper for Missouri. Why? It makes the little 12 look better for a team that consistently finished in the middle of the pack to win the SECe.