Abdullah and the knee

Bo Pelini hedged a bit today on Ameer Abdullah's health in the press conference. Did it reflect uncertainty or was it a tactic?

Bo Pelini is dancing around questions on Ameer's health, even mentioned "we have other great RBs on the team." Not an awesome sign. #Huskers

Pelini pressed on Abdullah. He said last week Ameer is OK. Still the case? "I'm not a doctor. I don't know how it'll play out ..."

Bo Pelini says Ameer Abdullah didn't practice last week but anticipates he will be ready to play Saturday.

If the Vegas insiders theory is to be believed the fact the game opens with them favored by 4 and has moved to 6 doesn't bode well for his health.

Will be interesting to see what that line does the rest of the week, if he will really be 100% I imagine it would start to shrink

The movement on the line has absolutely zero to do with his health. If the line came out at 4 then moved to 6, that means more gamblers were putting money on Wisconsin. That is it. It has nothing to do with experts picking anything.

Now, what it may mean is what the public's opinion of our chances if his knee isn't healthy.

Big difference.

And would AA's health have anything to do with more people picking Wisconsin? Therefore moving the line...

How many people in the world really know the facts about how Ameer's knee is doing?

Now, if you are talking about the PERCEPTION of his health, then you are right. The public has very limited information on this and gamblers are talking that limited information into account. That may move the line.

However, that perception has absolutely nothing to do with reality for which very very few people actually know.

Guess I should tell you I'm a conspiracy theorist when it comes to Vegas finding out info that most people do not have. The Illinois game thus year was a perfect example of it!

Then you are misunderstanding betting lines. The ONLY thing Vegas cares about is equal money on both sides. The ONLY thing that will move that line is if Vegas sees more money going to one side than the other.

Vegas is not secretly trying to figure out which side of this bet to make. They want to put out a line that makes the money equal on both sides. If they are successful at that, they don't give a flying rip who wins. So, the only thing that matters is public perception. In a perfect world for Vegas, all information would be public.

If the Vegas insiders theory is to be believed the fact the game opens with them favored by 4 and has moved to 6 doesn't bode well for his health.

Will be interesting to see what that line does the rest of the week, if he will really be 100% I imagine it would start to shrink

The movement on the line has absolutely zero to do with his health. If the line came out at 4 then moved to 6, that means more gamblers were putting money on Wisconsin. That is it. It has nothing to do with experts picking anything.

Now, what it may mean is what the public's opinion of our chances if his knee isn't healthy.

Big difference.

And would AA's health have anything to do with more people picking Wisconsin? Therefore moving the line...

How many people in the world really know the facts about how Ameer's knee is doing?

Now, if you are talking about the PERCEPTION of his health, then you are right. The public has very limited information on this and gamblers are talking that limited information into account. That may move the line.

However, that perception has absolutely nothing to do with reality for which very very few people actually know.

Guess I should tell you I'm a conspiracy theorist when it comes to Vegas finding out info that most people do not have. The Illinois game thus year was a perfect example of it!

Yep

Big difference.

Then you are misunderstanding betting lines. The ONLY thing Vegas cares about is equal money on both sides. The ONLY thing that will move that line is if Vegas sees more money going to one side than the other.

Vegas is not secretly trying to figure out which side of this bet to make. They want to put out a line that makes the money equal on both sides. If they are successful at that, they don't give a flying rip who wins. So, the only thing that matters is public perception. In a perfect world for Vegas, all information would be public.

By Vegas I mean the professional bettors that actually move the lines not the people setting them, bad wording on my part

beck just seems stuck in neutral.........

Stuck in neutral....with the #9 rushing offense in the country?

Averaging 6 yards a carry?

Yep. We quickly point out Wisky hasn't "faced a rushing attack like ours". The best O they have faced is 60th.....

So let's see how our vaunted O has fared:

Rush defense:

MSU 25

MIA 42

Rutgers 84

Purdue 92

Fresno 117

Illinois 124

FAU 107

Northwestern 75

We haven't exactly played the "toughest" against the run. Kind of like looking deeper at our 8-1 record........

Not a fan of Beck. I don't try to hide it. He continually (4 seasons in) has the same comments after a loss, has several games with head scratching play calling and continually fails to develop a QB. not to mention, the play calling is suspect IMO in that he thinks TA is a pocket passer or by continually calling for it, will magically "get it"

So yea. Stuck in neutral.......

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC 19s19 seconds ago

Texting clues. RT @Evan_Flood Melvin Gordon said he texted with Ameer Abdullah today. Abdullah said "I'll see you Saturday." #Badgers

Sounds good. The only thing that concerns me, as others have alluded to, is the OL play. They don't always get a great push opening holes. Much of AA's yardage, IMO, has been because of his elite ability. Not saying our OL is Detroit Lions Bary Sanders bas, but Barry got his yards on his own. Might be a reason we see a drop off with our other backs. They (Cross and Newby) are great backs and will do great things at NU, BUT AA is at the elite level. Different abilities, can make things happen and win games with his legs i.e. Northwestern last year, McNeese this). He is at a different level IMO and is a larger reason for the success of our O than the OL.

What makes AA different is his ability to stop on a dime and go from 0-60 in the blink of an eye after a cut. He sees a gap, he plants and is gone. Much the same way Martinez had a crease and was gone. Without the knee being solid, he doesn't hit those minute openings and we have a hard time in the running game.....

Averaging 6 yards a carry

Is beck running for those yards that make us the #9 rushing offense in the country? A lot of it is the fact that we have a running back who is just that good...I think I could call an offense with AA and have them ranked #9 nationally in rushing.

Is beck running for those yards that make us the #9 rushing offense in the country? A lot of it is the fact that we have a running back who is just that good...I think I could call an offense with AA and have them ranked #9 nationally in rushing.

Really that's pretty mediocre in NCAA 14, but good effort.

• Fire 1

Wow....you need to go get a coaching job then.