Well now we have another trophy to play for

Sker4Ever

Very cool.

Like Bo said, you can't honor our military enough. Any trophy in their name is cool by me.

I hope we do something special during halftime of the games for a service member and/or their family like we do with the Heroes trophy. Both just good ways to recognize some people that deserve recognizing.

At least I can see a legit rivalry building with Wisky, unlike the manufactured one with Iowa.

I wouldnt call two blowouts out of three games a rivalry. Also if Alverez wasnt at Wisconsin i really wonder if we would attempt a rivalry with them. Let's face it, none of the B1G opponents feel anything like a rivalry. Nebraska and Colorado were real rivals. They hated us, we hated them. It has tradition being a Black Friday game yearly. I for one thought I'd never say this, but like some have said, I miss playing Big 12 schools. I miss playing Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma state, k state, Missouri, Colorado, A&M etc. it just took a few years to realize it.

Colorado was not a real rival. They were manufactured just like Iowa. After we stopped playing OU after Thanksgiving, we needed someone to play and Wa La, here is the Buffs. I would rather of had Mizzou, but who in the Big XII North really could be a REAL rival?

At least I can see a legit rivalry building with Wisky, unlike the manufactured one with Iowa.

I wouldnt call two blowouts out of three games a rivalry. Also if Alverez wasnt at Wisconsin i really wonder if we would attempt a rivalry with them. Let's face it, none of the B1G opponents feel anything like a rivalry. Nebraska and Colorado were real rivals. They hated us, we hated them. It has tradition being a Black Friday game yearly. I for one thought I'd never say this, but like some have said, I miss playing Big 12 schools. I miss playing Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma state, k state, Missouri, Colorado, A&M etc. it just took a few years to realize it.

Colorado was not a real rival. They were manufactured just like Iowa. After we stopped playing OU after Thanksgiving, we needed someone to play and Wa La, here is the Buffs. I would rather of had Mizzou, but who in the Big XII North really could be a REAL rival?

Mizzou was actually considered a rivalry and the teams played for the Victory Bell (or Missouri - Nebraska Bell) starting in 1927. It was definitely a lesser known rivalry.

There are a lot of kids out there, home from war, that could have used some help. USO could always use some help. I guess it is a good deal, but really what is the benefit of the trophy. Only ones getting anything out of it are the manufacturers. And I would guess we spend a great deal of money on it, that could have been used in better ways.

I also doubt we see either Nebraska or Wisconsin teams running across the field to kiss it, so its not a pig! Thank Gawd.