Well now we have another trophy to play for

Sker4Ever

At least I can see a legit rivalry building with Wisky, unlike the manufactured one with Iowa.

I wouldnt call two blowouts out of three games a rivalry. Also if Alverez wasnt at Wisconsin i really wonder if we would attempt a rivalry with them. Let's face it, none of the B1G opponents feel anything like a rivalry. Nebraska and Colorado were real rivals. They hated us, we hated them. It has tradition being a Black Friday game yearly. I for one thought I'd never say this, but like some have said, I miss playing Big 12 schools. I miss playing Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma state, k state, Missouri, Colorado, A&M etc. it just took a few years to realize it.

I agree. Living in Tulsa, I miss going to the OSU, OU games here. Also, NU is never in the paper/news down here anymore - it as though we don't matter - well be don't anymore down here. But I liked jawing wt all of the fans here - now there isn't much in common.

In regards to the trophy, I don't have a problem with it. I thought Wisc would be a better 'contrived' rival than Iowa. Iowa is like Missouri - a want a be rival.

I agree. Living in Tulsa, I miss going to the OSU, OU games here. Also, NU is never in the paper/news down here anymore - it as though we don't matter - well be don't anymore down here. But I liked jawing wt all of the fans here - now there isn't much in common.

In regards to the trophy, I don't have a problem with it. I thought Wisc would be a better 'contrived' rival than Iowa. Iowa is like Missouri - a want a be rival.

Same in KC

At least I can see a legit rivalry building with Wisky, unlike the manufactured one with Iowa.

I wouldnt call two blowouts out of three games a rivalry. Also if Alverez wasnt at Wisconsin i really wonder if we would attempt a rivalry with them. Let's face it, none of the B1G opponents feel anything like a rivalry. Nebraska and Colorado were real rivals. They hated us, we hated them. It has tradition being a Black Friday game yearly. I for one thought I'd never say this, but like some have said, I miss playing Big 12 schools. I miss playing Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma state, k state, Missouri, Colorado, A&M etc. it just took a few years to realize it.

Some fans claim Missouri, Kansas, KSU, ISU were our rivals. We kicked their azzes almost every year.

Now, some fans claim Iowa isn't a rivalry because we are so much better of a program than them.

Now, I see you say Iowa is like Missouri....a want a be rival.

Well, we have some...want a be rivals....in the big Ten. So, what's the difference?

Nebraska fans miss the Big XII for two reasons.

a) They live in the old Big XII states and miss having games close to them.

b) They miss these programs that we kicked the crap out of every year.

To me, those are not two good reasons to stay in the Big XII as a program. Sure, it sucks for some fans. But, there are just as many fans in Big X states that now benefit.

The program is better off now. More money, more stability, we didn't down grade in football, we drastically upgraded in basketball.

So friggen what if we don't play these programs that we played for so long. I'm having a blast watching us against new conference foes.

And, to whom ever said Wisconsin fans don't give a crap about us......BS. I traveled that state in sales long before we joined the conference. There are lots of fans who cared about Nebraska back then and would gladly give me a really hard time if we lost. Now, they view us as main opponents to winning the division and the conference. They care about this game. They know how important this is to both teams.

• Fire 1

meh, I don't care much for the trophy or the name of the trophy but, I do think of all the B1G teams, Wisconsin could be the one to develop into something resembling a rivalry. The hatred and animosity towards their rude asshat fans is coming along nicely. All we need to do now is become their equal (or superior) on the field. We haven't held up our end in that regard yet. I would rather the trophy was some sort of brown jug, or rusty spittoon, or some such thing....maybe the spoiled bratwurst, hell IDK but this trophy is so much like the heroes game trophy, which just comes off totally contrived (because it is).

I actually think the blowouts are helping to form one

Only from one side. We hate Wiscy because they destroyed us, the dont give a crap about us because they destroyed us. If it gets balanced with blow outs and hard losses and dreams ruined year in and out then it will develop. Heck the way the B1G is going they wont be in our division in four years.

I think it's misleading to say that Wisconsin fans don't care about Nebraska. Certainly they see NU as a natural geographic rival and one of the biggest threats in the West each year. The makeup of the old Legends and Leaders was sort of jumbled and hard to establish rivalries in, but for the most part, the West is shaping up to be a fun division where rivalries come naturally.

Top five ideas for Wisconsin game trophy that were NOT chosen:

1. Runza Trophy

2. Cheese Cob Head Trophy (combination of corncob head and cheese head)

3. Richard Nixon's Head Trophy

4. Bearded Clam Trophy

5. Barry Alvarez Dressed as Buddha Trophy

• Fire 1

I actually think the blowouts are helping to form one

Only from one side. We hate Wiscy because they destroyed us, the dont give a crap about us because they destroyed us. If it gets balanced with blow outs and hard losses and dreams ruined year in and out then it will develop. Heck the way the B1G is going they wont be in our division in four years.

I think it's misleading to say that Wisconsin fans don't care about Nebraska. Certainly they see NU as a natural geographic rival and one of the biggest threats in the West each year. The makeup of the old Legends and Leaders was sort of jumbled and hard to establish rivalries in, but for the most part, the West is shaping up to be a fun division where rivalries come naturally.

I'm sure they care enough, just not to much to consider us a rival when two out of three games has been heavily in your favor. NU-CU was a made rivalry, we owned them to the tune of 49-18-2 or something.. They got a little better at the end, but most fans would never say they were a rival, the fans were jackasses, that is what fueled most of the "hate" towards them..

I do agree down the line Wiscy Huskers could grow into a great rivalry, but it will take years of hard fought battles and heart break on both sides to truly cement it.

EDIT: ,

How about NU and PSU every Thanksgiving. I hate them because of 1982 and that "L" shaped end zone. Or Michicken. I hate them from 1997 and their "claim" to the MNC or OSU for Eddie George stealing TF's Hypesman.....

There are plenty of schools that I dislike in the B1G. Historically for most part. Wisky did destroy us in the B1G, but we blew it that game and were so injured it was laughable....

Nope, I'll take the above or bring back OU on Thanksgiving for a rivalry game. I hated them, but respected them at the same time.....

The concept and idea of honoring vets and the military is great. The trophy idea not so much. Maybe let military folks (fans) go out for the coin toss, military tribute at half time with fly over, video, military band, military lead the teams onto the field, parachute into the stadium with fla and the coin for the toss etc....Something that the crowd and nation could see/be a part of....