Nebraska@Wisconsin keys to victory!

I only have one main key that Nebraska needs to do in order to beat Wisconsin which is:

We need to utilize our TE's more. With Carter coming back we'll need to throw the ball to Carter or Cotton to open up the running game with Ameer not fully health and this will also allow our receivers to face more one on one opportunities.

Minnesota absolutely destroyed us last year with their TE's and they did it once again against Iowa last week. Minnesota, Iowa, Georgia, etc, those are some of the most recent teams within a year that utilize their TE's and gave us fits.

Carter is the most talented guy we've had at TE in quite a while, could have made a difference against MSU. Beck needs to get him involved in the O and Tommy needs to hit Cethan when he gets open on play action.

The Offensive Line is the one and only key to victory in my opinion.

Honestly, I could picture us allowing 200+ yards to Gordon and still winning the game.

However, I cannot see us win the game if the OLine plays poorly and is porous all game. That will lead to a non-existent running game and a rushed Tommy Armstrong.

If the OLine plays well against Wisconsin's 3-4 D as they did against Miami's 3-4 D. The game is ours.

There's obviously more keys, but I think we live or die by the performance of the OLine.

Defensively: Watching some of our film from the NW game has me worried about this match up. There were a lot of missed tackles which resulted in those long runs by northwestern. Tackling has to improve if we want a chance to win this saturday. One of the reasons NW beat the badgers was due to forcing turnovers. We need to do that as well.

Offensively, the o-line is in for a long day. Their front 7 is stout. They held LSU to below 3 yards a carry. #1 Miss St is the only other team to do so against LSU. They also shut out a rutgers team that hung 24 on us. Tommy will need to be successful in the passing game for us to win. I'd love to see tim beck get cethan carter involved as well. Getting the passing game going will help with our running attack.

Calling it right now: Tommy Armstrong makes a HUGE jump in these last games of 2014, and it starts this weekend. He's gonna prove he's a better passer than he's shown thus far this season, and that will lead to Nebraska wins.

i hope you are right, but i don't see any magic coming up, he still forces the ball and cant read coverage worth a damn....if Pelini and Beck f#*k this game up, the bitching will be ugly......it is time to win a game like this, past time!

• Fire 1

1. Make tackles, make tackles, make tackles. Finish them. No second chances after missed sacks, no yards after catches, and especially on Gordon. If you hit him, make him go down.

2. Take advantages of all the opportunities given. This offense has been given the benefit of some extraordinary special teams play and a lot more takeaways this year. If you are given a short field, you must make it count. See: Michigan State, 1st half for an example of "this cannot happen again".

3. Be ready to play the game FROM THE FIRST SNAP. No practice drives, on either side of the ball.

4. Doesn't really need to be said, but don't turn the ball over, period.

5. Tim Beck - call the game situationally and don't force things that aren't there, or aren't working.

6. Expect adversity - hostile crowd, some questionable officiating.... play through these things.

• Fire 3

I think the key to the game is how our younger players react on the road in a must-win game.

1. Armstrong to me is the ultimate key to the game. If he isn't passing well, that will allow Wisconsin to key in on the run game and we become one-dimensional. He's got to hit some big throws early and often.

2. Drew Brown-On the road we need all the points we can get. If the offense marches down the field but can't get in the end zone, we need to come away with 3 points.

3. Pierson-El-He's definitely the wildcard factor, and we need to have some jet sweeps designed for him, and actually give him the ball to keep Wisconsin's D honest.

1. Make tackles, make tackles, make tackles. Finish them. No second chances after missed sacks, no yards after catches, and especially on Gordon. If you hit him, make him go down.

Massive fail.

2. Take advantages of all the opportunities given. This offense has been given the benefit of some extraordinary special teams play and a lot more takeaways this year. If you are given a short field, you must make it count. See: Michigan State, 1st half for an example of "this cannot happen again".

We, we kinda did that.

3. Be ready to play the game FROM THE FIRST SNAP. No practice drives, on either side of the ball.

Well, we kinda did that too.

4. Doesn't really need to be said, but don't turn the ball over, period.

Nope.

5. Tim Beck - call the game situationally and don't force things that aren't there, or aren't working.

Nope.

6. Expect adversity - hostile crowd, some questionable officiating.... play through these things.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.