Game 10 “Expert” Picks: Nebraska @ Wisconsin

Saunders

There's no such thing as "experts" in college football except for the coaches and players. Ex-players and coaches have a ton of insight, but their insight is only valuable after the games (or during the games, but still after plays). They can break down individual plays and all that, but to me, nobody can truly make great predictions. NOBODY.

We can predict all day, some might be accurate. Heck, if someone predicted a 35-14 win against Purdue before the game we'd all be game. However, that actual 35-14 score was (according to what I have been hearing for 2 weeks) the worst outing by a Nebraska football team in a long time (everyone exaggerates). I would have never thought that a 21 point victory against anyone would be seen in such a strong negative light, but it has. (And yes, I saw the game, I was there, it wasn't a great game, but a 21 point win on one of worst days? I'll take it.)

In other words, predictions to me are meaningless. I will only be impressed if a prediction says something like "Ameer carries the ball 5 times for 35 yards, however, Newby finds a rhythm and rushes for 150 yards to go along with Tommy's 95 yards. Gordon gets 175 yards, but it isn't enough. Tommy throws the game winning TD to Kenny Bell with 30 seconds left, in a surprisingly low scoring game. Wisconsin is unable to do anything in the final 30 seconds because Gordon had to leave the game earlier in the 4th quarter due to an injury."

If someone makes that prediction, and is right. I will be impressed and call that person a true "expert". Until that happens, "35-14" means nothing.

So you'd like everyone who writes about College football, broadcasts it, analyzes it, and works around it to commit career suicide to earn your respect. Got it.

So you'd like everyone who writes about College football, broadcasts it, analyzes it, and works around it to commit career suicide to earn your respect. Got it.

I'd actually like to see college football be covered with good analysis, a lot like Hail Varsity does. Heck, Sam McKeon had an excellent article about 4 running plays that Wisconsin utilizes well. By far one of the best things I have ever read on OWH.

I just read a Hail Varsity article that doesn't predict crap. It merely states stuff like "When to Worry" and "When Nebraska is in Good Shape". That to me is more meaningful than "35-14 Nebraska". That's a personal preference.

"Tale of the Tape" is by far the best thing to happen to Nebraska fans ever.

Anyway, Guy and everyone else is right. I am in the wrong. It truly would be incredibly weird if nobody had predictions. I am just the lone weirdo that has to state "predictions are DUMB!" and look like a jerk doing it. Anyway, carry on. Act like I was never here...

It seems to me we don't get the respect we deserve; that, the committee has us ranked so low due to our lack of a, so called, signature win." Just checked the odds for tomorrow, and saw where Florida St. is only a 2.5 point favorite to beat Miami. I think we should can the committee and just let the Vegas guys who have money on the line decide who the 4 playoff teams should be. This would remove much of the hype factor created by the ESPNs of the world who have their own interests to support.

I'd actually like to see college football be covered with good analysis, a lot like Hail Varsity does. Heck, Sam McKeon had an excellent article about 4 running plays that Wisconsin utilizes well. By far one of the best things I have ever read on OWH.

I just read a Hail Varsity article that doesn't predict crap. It merely states stuff like "When to Worry" and "When Nebraska is in Good Shape". That to me is more meaningful than "35-14 Nebraska". That's a personal preference.

"Tale of the Tape" is by far the best thing to happen to Nebraska fans ever.

Anyway, Guy and everyone else is right. I am in the wrong. It truly would be incredibly weird if nobody had predictions. I am just the lone weirdo that has to state "predictions are DUMB!" and look like a jerk doing it. Anyway, carry on. Act like I was never here...

thats the spirit

Going into the MSU game...I predicted a Husker loss. I don't have the same feelin looking at both teams, NU and Wiscy this year. The bye-week came at the perfect time for the Huskers. Neb starts off slow, but makes some key plays in the 2nd half. This isn't a Beliema coached badger team and the Huskers give the Badgers all they can handle in a slugfest. Huskers get the W today.

There's no such thing as "experts" in college football except for the coaches and players. Ex-players and coaches have a ton of insight, but their insight is only valuable after the games (or during the games, but still after plays). They can break down individual plays and all that, but to me, nobody can truly make great predictions. NOBODY.

We can predict all day, some might be accurate. Heck, if someone predicted a 35-14 win against Purdue before the game we'd all be game. However, that actual 35-14 score was (according to what I have been hearing for 2 weeks) the worst outing by a Nebraska football team in a long time (everyone exaggerates). I would have never thought that a 21 point victory against anyone would be seen in such a strong negative light, but it has. (And yes, I saw the game, I was there, it wasn't a great game, but a 21 point win on one of worst days? I'll take it.)

In other words, predictions to me are meaningless. I will only be impressed if a prediction says something like "Ameer carries the ball 5 times for 35 yards, however, Newby finds a rhythm and rushes for 150 yards to go along with Tommy's 95 yards. Gordon gets 175 yards, but it isn't enough. Tommy throws the game winning TD to Kenny Bell with 30 seconds left, in a surprisingly low scoring game. Wisconsin is unable to do anything in the final 30 seconds because Gordon had to leave the game earlier in the 4th quarter due to an injury."

If someone makes that prediction, and is right. I will be impressed and call that person a true "expert". Until that happens, "35-14" means nothing.

It's amazing the sh#t you pull out of thin air to start an argument.

NE will win this game by getting the ball to Bell, Westercamp, Pierson-El & Carter in space. Like the Spartans, the defensive weakness is there CB. Our line is not good enough to run the ball 40 times.

MSU has 2 of the best corners in the B1G. Their safeties are really good also.

Your correct that Armstrong is going to be the key to winning this game. He needs to be able to hit his receivers and hopefully that will open up the running game.