Stack the box?

I have never seen a Pelini team sellout to stop the run to the same extent other teams are willing to sellout to stop us. That is either serious disrespect of our passing game or some extreme stubbornness on Bo's part or both. I sure would like to see us stack the box like that but I doubt it happens. I think The Dude ^^^^^ nailed it.

Am I to believe everyone thinks that we change our personnel, therefore change the assignments for everyone? I can get going to nickel, dime, and even dollar. Those are packages that only a few players have to understand and adjust to. But going to 5 DL or significant change down front changes the scheme.

To me, that sounds like confusing our D more than helping our D.

I

I am actually more worried about the edges than I am down front with their backfield. So I sense more speed to counter their speed.

We don't line up extra guys in the box but we play our safeties much more aggressively than most teams. So while we will probably only have the traditional seven in the box most of the time - we do walk a safety up to be an extra guy in the box against certain formations - you'll see the safeties flying up to the line as soon as they see run.

Gerry has made a lot of tackles on running plays at or even behind the line just by reading and attacking - not a called blitz.