Why Not Ryker Fife?

All this thread does is hurt recruiting, and because of this thread no other coach will ever come here... EVER...

1381713207135672_animate.gif

Please...cause blowout losses on National TV over and over, a coach with a reputation for being a jerk, obvious poor coaching and it's Huskerboard banter that pushes the recruit away...

Please <insert recruit's name> don't leave! We're really the best fans in football deep down. We just sometimes get a little sad when we lose really bad....again...

Should of put the :sarcasm

Give them both a chance. Stanton was considered a top QB prospect. Let him see the field. After tonight how could you not.

Bo is too stubborn. TA will stay as the starter much like Taylor did. The only thing though is that Taylor was much better than TA even with the turnovers.

The other guys won't get a fair shake. Stanton will likely transfer next year.

I can't fathom how frustrating it must be for Stanton to sit there and have to watch TA keep playing long after he has entered full-on meltdown mode. I have a hard time believing that Stanton is a bad enough QB that both Armstrong and Fyfe are better than him.

It's almost like a Bizzaro World version of what Brock Osweiler goes through being the backup to Peyton Manning.

Armstrong topped out a while back and is going downhill with team chemistry.

This season is shot as far as a conference championship or playoff berth, so let's see where the future lies at the quarterback position. We might see (like Texas A&M has) that we haven't been playing our REAL first string quarterback all season.

Seriously. Armstrong looks about as bad as any QB that we've ever had at NU. Fife has a much better arm. Bring the guy in. It couldn't get worse. Bo looks like Barney Fife sticking with Armstrong. Do you recall the MSU game? Armstrong was in the same funk. Fife comes in and - - presto - - TD. Give the guy a shot.

I keep quoting John McEnroe, "You can't be serious!" Are you 12? You obviously haven't seen many NE QBs.

T_O_B

Man I feel bad for Armstrong if he has to hear too much of this bullsh#t. It can't be easy playing for this disaster we have as an OC. I hope he gets a chance to play for someone else before his career is over.

You can't have none of the blame on Armstrong either though. He has NOT shown he has the skill set needed to beat teams with a pulse. Both Purdue games we have won in spite of him. He's at about or just over a 50 percent passer. And can't make a second read to save his life so he relies on his first read being open and a "pretty" deep ball. Of course blame needs to go on beck for not playing to what he can do but when the guy can't really do much else other than run REALLY well and throw long, there's not much you can do to help him grow. If Bo wants him to start and Beck doesn't then this is all on Bo. Whatever the case, we're flawed from the top down systemically and nothing will change no matter who's at the offensive helm unless we get a philosophy change here.
  • Fire 2

Seriously. Armstrong looks about as bad as any QB that we've ever had at NU. Fife has a much better arm. Bring the guy in. It couldn't get worse. Bo looks like Barney Fife sticking with Armstrong. Do you recall the MSU game? Armstrong was in the same funk. Fife comes in and - - presto - - TD. Give the guy a shot.

I keep quoting John McEnroe, "You can't be serious!" Are you 12? You obviously haven't seen many NE QBs.

T_O_B

My favorite Johnny Mac quote, "Answer the question JERK." (You're not a jerk. I just like that quote). Be that as it may, "you can't be serious" that you want TA to remain as QB, can you?

Man I feel bad for Armstrong if he has to hear too much of this bullsh#t. It can't be easy playing for this disaster we have as an OC. I hope he gets a chance to play for someone else before his career is over.

You can't have none of the blame on Armstrong either though. He has NOT shown he has the skill set needed to beat teams with a pulse. Both Purdue games we have won in spite of him. He's at about or just over a 50 percent passer. And can't make a second read to save his life so he relies on his first read being open and a "pretty" deep ball. Of course blame needs to go on beck for not playing to what he can do but when the guy can't really do much else other than run REALLY well and throw long, there's not much you can do to help him grow. If Bo wants him to start and Beck doesn't then this is all on Bo. Whatever the case, we're flawed from the top down systemically and nothing will change no matter who's at the offensive helm unless we get a philosophy change here.

Agreed. Beck is doing a bunch of dumb sh#t, but he's not the one throwing 5 yard screen passes into the dirt.

All this thread does is hurt recruiting, and because of this thread no other coach will ever come here... EVER...

1381713207135672_animate.gif

Please...cause blowout losses on National TV over and over, a coach with a reputation for being a jerk, obvious poor coaching and it's Huskerboard banter that pushes the recruit away...

Please <insert recruit's name> don't leave! We're really the best fans in football deep down. We just sometimes get a little sad when we lose really bad....again...

Should of put the :sarcasm

Ah well...the number of posters that have actually used this when we are melting down make it difficult to tell...

any backup QB is the next answer... it held us back when Joe Ganz was getting shunned for Zac Lee, Joe starts and presto, points. As corny as it sounds, I would be for Fyfe starting against Minnesota. But the next concern, who can catch right now? Kenny is hurt, JW was quiet, Carters return did nothing... this is a tough one to answer.