Why all the blowouts?

I know this has been touched on in other threads, but I thought it deserved a thread of it's own. If not, it won't hurt my feelings if it is deleted.

Losing close hurts but you can get over it. Losing by a couple of TDs sucks but it happens if some things don't go your way. Why the blowouts? How do mediocre teams play close games against superior competition? I honestly thought we were done with this type of game after coming back against MSU.

Someone posted a graphic of NU's worst beatdowns and many of the worst belong to Bo. Added another one to the list yesterday. Most of the country is laughing at us right now. How do we give up 56 unanswered points? Tomlinson set the rushing record on 43 carries against Texas EL-PASO. Gordon did it on 25 carries against NEBRASKA.

My theory: Bo is too damn stubborn. He talks about scheme and execution, but when players can't execute the scheme he refuses to adjust. It's almost like he says, "You guys can't run my scheme? Fine, get blown out." Bo is too stubborn to be a HC. It's embarrassing.

- Bo is too stubborn and unwilling to adjust to the players he gets. Bo cant get the right players to run his defense. He had them here, but Callahan is the onethat recruited them. His defensive schemes are out-dated. The work against bad-to-mediocre offenses. A team with any sort of athleticism and speed will make it look silly (as we saw last night, as we have seen against any good team since Bo came here).

- Lack of fundamentals and discipline: 6 years and still he his players still can't even tackle properly or secure the football.

- No help from the "Offensive" line. Got shoved all over the field......again. Plus, they continuously make mental errors.

- Beck is just bad. The offense did nothing to help out the defense.

- Papuchis is a lost little fish in a big pond.

- Bo is an average coach...at best.

What we saw last night what Bo's teams have been like, are like, and will be like. This is what we will get against any good team; we have seen it against almost every top team that Pelini has faced at Nebraska. This is what some people are defending, so this is what they deserve.

• Fire 1

In two losses to Wisconsin in 2012 and 2014 the Badgers have gone for 1,267 total yards of offense and scored 129 points against the Huskers.

"Somewhere along the way it was like our guys totally lost their confidence," head coach Bo Pelini said following the loss. "Our tackling was atrocious, we had some missed assignments, obviously we got beat. I give them credit."

"It seems the gates kind of opened after that and I don't have an answer as to why," Papuchis said after Gordon series of big runs. "We played with a lot of swagger in the first quarter and for some reason when they started making plays and we started falling apart and I can't tell you why that happened."

---Talk about accountability? These coaches are clueless

Where are Tim Beck's comments about the pace of the game? Where's the explanation for why Nebraska averaged less than 2 minutes per possession? Running the ball 3 straight plays and going 3 and out (staying in bounds) uses up 2 minutes of game clock just in between snaps.

You give the opponent enough possessions and eventually they'll score. Stop snapping the ball with 15+ on the play clock on the road up two scores!

My 70 year old dad is a realistic Husker fan. He knows we can't win them all. But last night he was almost slipping into a depression because of how silly they were making us look. A couple of times he mentioned, "this sets us back a few years". Not sure I disagree.

When they started mentioning the rushing record, I started thinking, "why wouldn't they go for it?" Then I started hoping he would get it. They weren't running anything special.

Last night I laughed about it. This morning I'm pissed.

In two losses to Wisconsin in 2012 and 2014 the Badgers have gone for 1,267 total yards of offense and scored 129 points against the Huskers."Somewhere along the way it was like our guys totally lost their confidence," head coach Bo Pelini said following the loss. "Our tackling was atrocious, we had some missed assignments, obviously we got beat. I give them credit." "It seems the gates kind of opened after that and I don't have an answer as to why," Papuchis said after Gordon series of big runs. "We played with a lot of swagger in the first quarter and for some reason when they started making plays and we started falling apart and I can't tell you why that happened."

Those quotes are absolutely terrifying

So much for the hype going into the game. This is why 59-24 "at end of the day" kind of results are so frustrating.

From ABC News:

No. 11 Nebraska, No. 22 Wisconsin Could Be Classic

It doesn't get much better in the Big Ten than Saturday's game between No. 11 Nebraska and No. 22 Wisconsin.

Two Heisman Trophy candidates. Tricky defensive matchups. Division title hopes on the line. With chilly, see-your-breath weather in the forecast, the clash of West contenders has all the makings of a classic.

"What more could you really ask for in college football as a fan, a coach or a player?" Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen said.

The Cornhuskers (8-1, 4-1, CFP No. 16) and Badgers (7-2, 4-1, CFP No. 20) are tied with Minnesota for first in the division. A loss makes it much tougher to win the West and get to the conference championship game..........

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/11-nebraska-22-wisconsin-classic-26911793

In two losses to Wisconsin in 2012 and 2014 the Badgers have gone for 1,267 total yards of offense and scored 129 points against the Huskers.

"Somewhere along the way it was like our guys totally lost their confidence," head coach Bo Pelini said following the loss. "Our tackling was atrocious, we had some missed assignments, obviously we got beat. I give them credit."

"It seems the gates kind of opened after that and I don't have an answer as to why," Papuchis said after Gordon series of big runs. "We played with a lot of swagger in the first quarter and for some reason when they started making plays and we started falling apart and I can't tell you why that happened."

how can they expect the players to play with confidence when the coach admit that they don't know what is going on. Player ''Hey coach what should I be doing to make sure Gordon doesn't break loose again'' Bo or Pap ''uh gee whiz I don't know'' pathetic