Bo's monday presser in full

Nobody

Bo doesnt run a bad scheme defensively. The problem is when somebody figures it and or your guys arent executing, you have to try something else. I guarantee our guys went out there after awhile knowing they didnt have a chance. I dont think they quit, I think they just lost all confidence in what they were doing. That is on the coaches. The inability to adjust is just suicide against some teams. The offense is a whole other mess.

I'm so done with Pelini trying to explain away these historic embarrassments. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

The only problem in Bo's eyes are these f'ing fairweather fans who don't embrace getting blownout twice per year.

And of course those good for nothing players who keep not executing his plan for God knows what reasons.

He points the thumb......

Last two times against Wisconsin. Two completely new defenses. Both times get blown out. Both times Bo blames it on missed assignments. C'mon man just admit that your scheme doesn't work against the Badgers. There's no way your players mess up their assignments THAT bad in both games.

Even if they were due to missed assignments that falls on the coach.

I'm not here to defend Bo's record, just to caution against turning anger over the recent results into a necessity to staunchly disagree with everything Bo says or does. We have to maintain some degree of sanity after all, especially when it comes to applying expectations to the next coach, who is likely to suffer worse than 9-win seasons, big losses to ranked teams, and get heat for loyalty to assistants. Just as the next offensive coordinator will also pass on first down, "go away from what's working", and so on.

Forget all of the details.

The reason Bo should justifiably be gone is because there has been no big picture progress from year 1 to year 7. That's it.

Until Sat, I was in Bo's corner. Still wanted some folks gone....Beck, Cotton, Garrison, Els........, BUT thought Bo had turned the corner. D was "looking" solid and getting better. The PR unit leading the nation, better in the public etc... and then this disaster...........

It's the cumulative body of work over a period of 7 years.........Time to realize the staff, in its current configuration isn't getting it done...

So isn't the question rather simple? Can Nebraska football get to the level we all want quicker with no change or with cleaning house, knowing full well a new staff would undergo growing pangs? In my opinion I don't think things can get much worse than what they are now, and I have no indication things well get better with the current staff. One year has already been wasted as Bo should have been shown the door when he pissed in his nest last year.

So isn't the question rather simple? Can Nebraska football get to the level we all want quicker

This isn't a race; it's not a matter of speed.

It's a matter of how high up on the mountain we spend the majority of our time. In a perfect world you would be on the peak at all times, and the goal is to spend as much time as possible as high as possible.

Some coaches get to the top faster than anyone else but then fall down immediately, but right now we're just chilling a few hundred feet off of base camp.

So isn't the question rather simple? Can Nebraska football get to the level we all want quicker

It's a matter of how high up on the mountain we spend the majority of our time. In a perfect world you would be on the peak at all times, and the goal is to spend as much time as possible as high as possible.

Some coaches get to the top faster than anyone else but then fall down immediately, but right now we're just chilling a few hundred feet off of base camp.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, the level we want includes staying at that level. By no means do I desire a yo-yo from year to year. I would like to think Husker football should be in the top 10 almost every year. That's the tradition we have.

And looking at a chasm below us. Can somebody please explain to me how they think next season is going to be better than this one without Ameer or Randy? Same coaches, same scheme, lesser players.

To me, it boils down to this: Bo is inflexible, and he and his staff has several issues that need fixing. But he's too inflexible to do so. He refuses to make sorely needed changes to his staff, he refuses to alter his system so it's not so damn hard for the players to execute against Wiscy... The dude just doesn't adapt well. You can see it in everybody else in the staff as well... Naturally, since many of them as just yes men.

A huge part of being a coach is putting your players in the best position to succeed. He's inflexible and refuses to do so.