"Our national perception is better than our local one"

NUpolo8

The perception of NU around my colleagues in the coaching/teaching world is that we are a joke....and Pelini is a complete a-hole. It is getting more and more difficult to defend the program...this morning I had to just sit there and take it without defending the program...eventually they felt sorry for me and began making fun of the Vikings. At least I have the Vikes to take away the pain of the Huskers!

• Fire 1

Bo is so delusional it's insane. I think he honestly blames the fans and local media for the absence of championships during his time here. The worst part is that it has trickled down to the coaching staff and the players, who view the fans with contempt. Kenny Bell is the poster child for this. Remember when Kenny insinuated their was a local media conspiracy against the Husker football program because they dared to celebrate the basketball team's success while questioning the football program's blowout losses?

I'm not only becoming sick and tired of Bo and his staff of nepotic sycophants, but also by many of his his whine-too-much, Stockolm Syndromed players. The whole team needs a serious attitude adjustment and dose of reality.

I'm already anticipating us winning this week, and the self vindicated attitudes we'll receive. Players will say stuff like the scheme works against the run when people do their job, Coaches will say "we didn't forget how to stop the run," etc.

• Fire 1

Bo is so delusional it's insane. I think he honestly blames the fans and local media for the absence of championships during his time here. The worst part is that it has trickled down to the coaching staff and the players, who view the fans with contempt. Kenny Bell is the poster child for this. Remember when Kenny insinuated their was a local media conspiracy against the Husker football program because they dared to celebrate the basketball team's success while questioning the football program's blowout losses?

I'm not only becoming sick and tired of Bo and his staff of nepotic sycophants, but also by many of his his whine-too-much, Stockolm Syndromed players. The whole team needs a serious attitude adjustment and dose of reality.

I'm already anticipating us winning this week, and the self vindicated attitudes we'll receive. Players will say stuff like the scheme works against the run when people do their job, Coaches will say "we didn't forget how to stop the run," etc.

We'll probably squeak a close one out, then we'll get stomped at Iowa.

"Pack it up, Pack it in -They came to win". It's kind of brilliant IMO.

The second video looks incredible....just wow...a lot fun....I am envious because we are on the wrong side of that embrace. Dammit.

And it was a bit depressing to see the MG record with the score and 15:00 still to go. :facepalm:

Probably a sentiment previously stated, but regardless of coaching issues, talent levels, recruiting limitations, et.al.......

National perception IS vitally important simply by virtue of recruiting contests....

When you haven't won a championship or a BIG game nationally for such an extended drought, it's hard for kids who weren't born when it last happened, to consider your program on par with those who currently are....

• Fire 1

We are the Missouri of the B1G.

Except Missouri has a legit shot at winning their division

o-OBAMA-LAUGHING-570.jpg?6

I said division, not conference :lol:

o-OBAMA-LAUGHING-570.jpg?6

I don't understand. Missouri has to beat Tennessee and Arkansas and they win the division. They certainly can do this. That Arkansas game is the one I would expect to get them but they control their own destiny and are facing two of the weaker teams in the conference.

• Fire 1

our national perception is a joke to anyone born before 1975 and we are non existent to anyone born after 1995

and Missou lost to auburn in a shoot out out in the SEC championship last year. id say the SEC has been a good move for them. if they don't pinkle against Georgia they were probably #1 in the nation for a bunch of last year...yeah id like to be the missou of the B1G. the teams that went to the SEC have faired quite well.

Didn't stay in for the 4th quarter cuz he didn't want to risk injury. How the hell would he have gotten injured. Certainly not by one of our guys. I wish he had stayed in and amassed like 600 yards. Maybe that would have incensed the AD into action. Joke!

People on the West Coast know who Pelini is and what his behavior is like. The guy is perceived as being a jerk. What Mother would let her kid play for this guy - he is out of control. Nebraska's Brand has taken a huge hit over the last 7 seasons. Wonder why we are having difficulty recruiting? It is funny, but a lot of people remember the A & M game..............

our national perception is a joke to anyone born before 1975 and we are non existent to anyone born after 1995

and Missou lost to auburn in a shoot out out in the SEC championship last year. id say the SEC has been a good move for them. if they don't pinkle against Georgia they were probably #1 in the nation for a bunch of last year...yeah id like to be the missou of the B1G. the teams that went to the SEC have faired quite well.

What is it to people born in 1987?