****** What Did We Learn - Minny Edition ******

walksalone

I learned that Bo is 5-19 against top 25 teams at Nebraska. One game short of a 20% winning percentage.

Wow. I didnt know that. That cannot be explained away. It HAS to be him losing coaching battles. Assuming we have top 30 talent, it means he's losing the coaching battle more than the other team is just faster/ better.

Wow, 5-19. Thsts just turrrrrrible. I mean , just wow

How many of the 19 losses turned out to be blow-outs where we did an embarrassing, National TV melt down?

I can't remember one game in the last 7 years where I sat back and said "Wow we really out coached the other team!". Never, not once.

Please someone prove me wrong, maybe it's happened and I just don't remember.

I learned that Bo is 5-19 against top 25 teams at Nebraska. One game short of a 20% winning percentage.

Wow. I didnt know that. That cannot be explained away. It HAS to be him losing coaching battles. Assuming we have top 30 talent, it means he's losing the coaching battle more than the other team is just faster/ better.

Wow, 5-19. Thsts just turrrrrrible. I mean , just wow

How many of the 19 losses turned out to be blow-outs where we did an embarrassing, National TV melt down?

I can't remember one game in the last 7 years where I sat back and said "Wow we really out coached the other team!". Never, not once.

Please someone prove me wrong, maybe it's happened and I just don't remember.

2009 Texas, 2010 Mizzou, 2011 Michigan State.

That's it.

Hey guys, Badger fan here and no I'm not here to troll or fight.

Anyways I predicted the game would go the way it did. No my prediction was not based off my intuitive understanding of the game but rather on an analysis of the Wisconsin-Nebraska game by a blogger, can't remember the name of the article...

Anyways again Bo stubbornly trotted out his 2 gap defensive line alignment against Minnesota's power run game like he did against Wisconsin the week before. The Blackshirts, yes your defensive line starters deserve that title, held up well throughout first quarter but then started to show signs of wearing down in second quarter. By the 4th quarter they were physically broken and unable to control the line of scrimmage. This happened against Minny last year as well as in each of the 3 blowouts against Wisconsin. The trouble is that Bo's 2 gap alignment puts too much stress on your DTs, who have to stack up the guards all game long. This defensive style also prevents the use of an effective rotation since the backups at a developmental program like Nebbie generally just aren't good enough to play 2 gap effectively. Thus Nebraska's defensive line starters are left to be leaned on, worn down and beaten until they break physically and mentally.

In contrast to Nebraska's effort today consider Iowa. Iowa used more conservative 1 gap alignments and kept rotating their DTs throughout the game keeping them fresh. Whereas Nebraska's defensive front broke in the 3rd quarter(against Wisconsin) Iowa's didn't start wearing down until the end of the 4th quarter, but even then they were fighting like hell.

Nebraska needs a new HC new DC and a new defensive scheme. Start playing more 1 gap and start rotating your D-line guys to keep them fresh. Otherwise you guys just aren't going to be able to contend defensively against the power run offenses in this league.

Husker fans will root against their own team, and players on senior day.

And those who were abandoned in a pillbox after the war is over will fabricate propaganda.
You talking about fabrication is irony. None needed, clear as day in game thread.

So the game thread is conveniently relevant when it helps your argument. Previously I thought the game thread was a stream of consciousness claptrap not to be taken seriously.

It's over.

Bo says the players didn't deserve to win. Seems like a slap in the face considering how hard these guys work to compete at this level. I say the only reason the score was even that close is because the players fought their asses off to win that game. They just lack some guidance.

Never in my life have I heard a staff throw their players under the bus like these guys do. It's a damn shame that so many just seem to accept it.

• Fire 1

To me, this team checked out mentally last week on everything in regards to scheme, philosophy, etc when it comes to this staff. Ala Kstate '07, I think they came out today with full intentions to get this one, but again, when your coaches constantly fail to put you in proper positions to succeed, at some point you say "f#*k this. I didnt sign up for this sh#t". Look at our talent on the defensive side. Christ al mighty. There's no excuse. it's being W A S T E D. .

Bo says the players didn't deserve to win. Seems like a slap in the face considering how hard these guys work to compete at this level. I say the only reason the score was even that close is because the players fought their asses off to win that game. They just lack some guidance.

Never in my life have I heard a staff throw their players under the bus like these guys do. It's a damn shame that so many just seem to accept it.

Yeah, can't believe a coach who "points the thumb first" would be pointing the fingers instead.

Hey guys, Badger fan here and no I'm not here to troll or fight.

Anyways I predicted the game would go the way it did. No my prediction was not based off my intuitive understanding of the game but rather on an analysis of the Wisconsin-Nebraska game by a blogger, can't remember the name of the article...

Anyways again Bo stubbornly trotted out his 2 gap defensive line alignment against Minnesota's power run game like he did against Wisconsin the week before. The Blackshirts, yes your defensive line starters deserve that title, held up well throughout first quarter but then started to show signs of wearing down in second quarter. By the 4th quarter they were physically broken and unable to control the line of scrimmage. This happened against Minny last year as well as in each of the 3 blowouts against Wisconsin. The trouble is that Bo's 2 gap alignment puts too much stress on your DTs, who have to stack up the guards all game long. This defensive style also prevents the use of an effective rotation since the backups at a developmental program like Nebbie generally just aren't good enough to play 2 gap effectively. Thus Nebraska's defensive line starters are left to be leaned on, worn down and beaten until they break physically and mentally.

In contrast to Nebraska's effort today consider Iowa. Iowa used more conservative 1 gap alignments and kept rotating their DTs throughout the game keeping them fresh. Whereas Nebraska's defensive front broke in the 3rd quarter(against Wisconsin) Iowa's didn't start wearing down until the end of the 4th quarter, but even then they were fighting like hell.

Nebraska needs a new HC new DC and a new defensive scheme. Start playing more 1 gap and start rotating your D-line guys to keep them fresh. Otherwise you guys just aren't going to be able to contend defensively against the power run offenses in this league.

Welcome. Sadly, the blogger posted nothing new. Folks have been complaining about the 2 gap scheme since SUH left. A BEAST DT makes it work. Once he left, that shipped sailed.........We move into the B1G and expect our DT's to play a solid 4 quarters while holding up a 300 lb OT,OG,Center or both......Then make a correct read and try to make a play against the likes of Cobb, Langford, Gordon etc.......Throw in the fact we have no depth and against a god team, you see what you saw last week against y'all. Good play for the first quarter and then (with a little help from the dumbest OC in FBS) our DL got worn down. Then your OL started getting to our LB's (who need a HUGE talent upgrade save Zaire) and the fat lady started singing. Same thing today, leaned on, worn down and beat in the trenches. (again with help form the dumbest OC in FBS)

This is all Bo knows. The 2 gap with the 2 high safety to stop the pass in the "pass happy" B1G........We need a blue collar hat on hat DC and an OC who can bring back poet football to NU. Watching last week, it was like watching NU of old......That, for me, hurt more than the loss. To see a school run old school smash mouth and win. An identity that you can build on, recruit on and win with. Sadly, I would almost guarantee none of the kids from NU want a piece of Wisky again next year. We need a coach and attitude overall......