Why Pelini will NOT be fired

What success has Bo had?

If he keeps him I think he will point to Bo having 9+ wins a season and the improvements made since the BC era.

Will point at the 3 conference title game appearances.

Probably going to make a mention of the academic record and discipline record of Husker players under Pelini.

I do want to stress that I do not believe these things, just stating what I think Eichorst may say.

I personally think that something needs to change and that the current status quo is not acceptable.

If Eichorst doesn't fire BO and comes out with the above as his justification, Husker Nation will consume itself. And the sellout streak, the one truly great thing we still possess, will end.

Let's just assume for the sake of argument that Bo is fired. Who do we give the keys to with regards to hiring a new coach? Pud completely screwed the pooch and made a mockery of the hiring process. TO supposedly used a committee, but we ended up with three less than stellar candidates at the end where the two not hired have already been fired from their positions. I don't have much confidence in the competency of the money holders in hiring the next coach.

• Fire 1

Of course Pelini should stay! Thank God for Pelini because he is a defensive genius. Without his superior skills a couple of these teams would have put a 100 on us. Pelini is the reason we limited Gordon to 408. Just remember what Bo said last year that we are lucky to have him as our coach and we won't have any idea what we missed out on until he is gone. How dare we even think of getting rid of him.

I'm so sick of it! Bo don't know defense. Bo don't know classy! Bo don't know the Nebraska way! Bo KNOWS getting taken to the woodshed. He's a laughing stock around the country. Think about that. The coach of our beloved team is the laughing stock of college coaches.

When will people stop being an apologist for this guy? He has to go! Who would we get? Let's start with somebody that I can be proud to call Nebraska's coach! That would be a great starting point. Things can be special at Nebraska again. Not going to happen with Pelini! He's had 7 years. We can either move on or have this same conversation again in a couple years.

And please, I'm no daydreamer thinking we should win it all every year. Frankly, Pelini's record isn't bad. It's the blowout losses, the constant tirades, and it just isn't Big Red Football.

Turn the page!

SUPERBUNNY

What success has Bo had?

If he keeps him I think he will point to Bo having 9+ wins a season and the improvements made since the BC era.

Probably going to make a mention of the academic record and discipline record of Husker players under Pelini.

I do want to stress that I do not believe these things, just stating what I think Eichorst may say.

I personally think that something needs to change and that the current status quo is not acceptable.

If Eichorst doesn't fire BO and comes out with the above as his justification, Husker Nation will consume itself. And the sellout streak, the one truly great thing we still possess, will end.

Agreed. As I stated in a earlier thread SE is fortunate that the Minnesota game was the last home game of the season. Obviously the sell out streak would've still been in tact, since tickets were purchased prior to the season, but I guarantee there would've been a large amount of empty seats. I think changes will be made on the account that SE does not want to be known as the AD that saw the sell-out streak end on his watch, especially in his first few years. This is in addition to the blatantly obvious fact that Bo is less than competitive in the games that matter.

What success has Bo had?

Agreed. As I stated in a earlier thread SE is fortunate that the Minnesota game was the last home game of the season. Obviously the sell out streak would've still been in tact, since tickets were purchased prior to the season, but I guarantee there would've been a large amount of empty seats. I think changes will be made on the account that SE does not want to be known as the AD that saw the sell-out streak end on his watch, especially in his first few years. This is in addition to the blatantly obvious fact that Bo is less than competitive in the games that matter.

For sure, I agree with every part of your post.

Hypothetically, if Eichorst fails to act this year and the sellout streak ends next season, he needs to be fired too (and perhaps others as well). The sellout streak cannot be allowed to die.

What success has Bo had?

The money that buys these extra tickets still like Bo. If you fire Bo, where does the money come from to pay his contract. These vary same people. Eichorst makes the decision, but understand he works for the Alumni who pays his salary,

I am curious how many posters on this site hold season tickets?

There are obviously a good bunch, but the people who are the loudest on here do not have season tickets. Go to the game log and start checking off names.

That might be a legit method before smart phones, wifi, and old people telling other fans to sit down and be quiet.

• Fire 1