*** The Official Iowa Hawkeye Game Discussion Thread ***

rawhide

I still want to TA ride the pine the rest of the game. If we're gonna lose, at least let one of the other guys get some playing time

Not just playing time. I honestly think we have a better chance at winning with Fyfe in the game.

We have a better chance of winning with TA out of the game.

This is the problem with Bo...well, one of many. He's not willing to bench TA and put in the backup, even if its just for a few series.

I still want to TA ride the pine the rest of the game. If we're gonna lose, at least let one of the other guys get some playing time

I agree with you. TA is just not a good QB, especially under pressure. I wish we could just have an average QB that can make some throws and manage the game. Instead, we've had 6 years of running QBs that can't throw.

I've never been impressed with TA

If Ameer had been in on the second play Ryker made (hand off to Pierson El) he would've seen that hole and been gone. I agree. Tommy needs to sit this one out. I would like to see Ryker play or Stanton even. Give these kids who are going to be back next year playing time. Iowa looks awful! Good grief! A pick and a fumble in the Red Zone? Good grief!

Okay. That was all on Tommy. The under route was wide open.

This is a disgrace.

Sure it wasn't on Beck? Or are you finally don't making the same tired excuses you've been making all year for TA.
You just quoted a comment where I said that one was all on TA, then asked me if I'm done making excuses for TA like I have been all year?

Haha. We got a winner here.

Yeah. I did that on purpose. You've made excuse, after excuse, after excuse for TA's horrible play. You've treated me like an a-hole for being critical of TA. You constantly blame the coaches for TA's mistakes. And finally now you find one play to put on TA.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't have a stroke.

Pelini is not much of a planner but if it were me and I knew I had a guy as unreliable as Armstrong as my starter I would get my backups in any chance I could to get them some experience during the season. Here it is the end of the season wouldn't you have it. This applies to the Wisconsin game also. We've had other quarterbacks here before make there start with no game experience. Grow some Pelini.

I agree with you. TA is just not a good QB, especially under pressure. I wish we could just have an average QB that can make some throws and manage the game. Instead, we've had 6 years of running QBs that can't throw.

I've never been impressed with TA

He's never been good, clearly doesn't have that it factor.

Okay, maybe not tressel. Paul flippin' Johnson, or Jeff Monken. Give me some flexbone power option football for the love of all that is holy. Georgia Tech is 16th and playing for their conference division. That's what we want. Don't want the Marshall guy - they're giving up 42 in one half to the offensive juggernaut Western Kentucky. (edit)