Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He'll be back next year. Minimal changes will be made.

This is such a destination job that the last time we fired a 9 win coach, when we still were Nebraska, we got Billy C.

We're not 2 years removed from a NC game appearance at this time. Fire him and you'll regret it.

Jeez I didn't realize that if we fired a coach we automatically get another Billy C. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Fire 1

The thing about having more wins than Osborne in that time span is that he also has way more losses in that time span.

I think, to a degree, the 9 wins a season is still not a bad stat by any means. It is difficult to do.

But, the question is the losses. If we had 1 less loss, and were more competitive in the Wisconsin game, I'm way more favorable to Bo staying. Hell, even if we had eeked out a win at Michigan St., but dropped two close ones to Wisconsin and Minnesota, I think Bo would deserve the benefit of the doubt.

What I think should happen is that Bo should go. Yes, 9 wins, but there have been very few truly memorable wins over good teams in the Bo Pelini era. I can think of Oklahoma State and Missouri in 2010. That's about it. This is about as close as it gets for a coach, but, it's the lack of progress for me. If there was even 1 season with a conference title, just 1, I would say keep Bo. It's not the lack of regression, but the lack of progression that bothers me. I don't mind regression so much if it is followed by strong seasons. 8-5, and then 13-1 or something like that is more palatable than 9-4, 9-4, 10-4, 9-4.

This is such a destination job that the last time we fired a 9 win coach, when we still were Nebraska, we got Billy C.

We're not 2 years removed from a NC game appearance at this time. Fire him and you'll regret it.

Jeez I didn't realize that if we fired a coach we automatically get another Billy C. Thanks for clearing that up.

If we fire a winning coach, the likelihood of a good coach wanting to come here are close to 0. It's why we ended up with Callahan.

If you guys are so sure that Pelini's ceiling is 9-10 wins why not wait for the enevitable losing season you claim we are going to have and then fire him.

• Fire 2

I don't want Bo Pelini and his staff back next year, but that decision is not up to me. After today's OT win against a team we should be giving curbies to year after year we still have a 9 win season. Even if we lose the bowl game our 9 game season is ensured and Bo will be here again next year.

There are no words to describe my disappointment that we have to endure another year of No Pelini. (No, I'm not going to make changes to our schemes, No I'm not going to make coaching changes to save my job. No Pelini.)

If we fire a winning coach, the likelihood of a good coach wanting to come here are close to 0. It's why we ended up with Callahan.

If you guys are so sure that Pelini's ceiling is 9-10 wins why not wait for the enevitable losing season you claim we are going to have and then fire him.

Nah, you just explain to through the hiring process that it wasn't about the record - more so about the annual 2 blow out losses and 1-2 games we shouldn't lose a year. I don't think many coaches would argue with that, seems pretty understandable. If you play good, competitive football and we see continual improvement over the years - your job is safe. I know this has been the circular argument on HB for the last three weeks. Lines have been drawn in the sand and there isn't anything anyone can say to change the opposing views.

• Fire 1

Nah, you just explain to through the hiring process that it wasn't about the record - more so about the annual 2 blow out losses and 1-2 games we shouldn't lose a year. I don't think many coaches would argue with that, seems pretty understandable. If you play good, competitive football and we see continual improvement over the years - your job is safe. I know this has been the circular argument on HB for the last three weeks. Lines have been drawn in the sand and there isn't anything anyone can say to change the opposing views.

Worked well the last time, no?