What happens now? Will an announcement come this weekend?

I really hope you guys realize I was being sarcastic. Firing Bo would be idiotic.

No, it would be the right decision for the program moving forward.

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

We are a joke right now. No one fears us. 59-24 proves that and all the other blowouts prove that. Also not every coaching candidate out there is Bill freaking Callahan. I used to be on the edge of my seat every play for Husker games, now I feel nothing. That overtime touchdown catch by Kenny Bell I just thought to myself, "Oh cool we won". 7 years of the same old same old from Bo has worn me out.

There's no excitement when it comes to his teams I know what to expect. We'll beat the heck out of whoever we're playing the first couple games. Right when we're feeling good we'll sneak by a random out of conference team (Fresno, South Dakota St, McNeese). And lose all the big ones (Wisconsin, Ohio St, Michigan St). Rinse and repeat. Yeah I'm ready for a change.

• Fire 1

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

How is that any better than right now?

Name one thing we have right now that we wouldn't have through one or two 5-7 seasons other than a handful of small feel good wins against Purdue and Illinois and Rutgers.

You seriously don't have a clue.

If we played that 2007 schedule with this team, we'd be 5-7, easy. That schedule had 10 bowl teams on it, and 2 defending conference champs.
No room for facts in the we can't do any better than Bo thread

It's not a fact. It's conjecture.

I really hope you guys realize I was being sarcastic. Firing Bo would be idiotic.

Yeah, you've mentioned that 47 times today. Nobody is buying that bogus excuse.

I'm baffled at those who think we should keep Bo around. Ya, we got the last laugh yesterday, but how were you feeling when it was 24-7?

Nervous but hopeful. And in the end we won.

How is that any better than right now?

Name one thing we have right now that we wouldn't have through one or two 5-7 seasons other than a handful of small feel good wins against Purdue and Illinois and Rutgers.

You seriously don't have a clue.

Wins against Michigan, MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, ... Bowl appearances and wins. I don't get why optimism is offensive here. Sorry that I don't agree with the hive mind, I just think you are wrong. But please stop with the personal attacks.

We are a joke right now. No one fears us. 59-24 proves that and all the other blowouts prove that. Also not every coaching candidate out there is Bill freaking Callahan. I used to be on the edge of my seat every play for Husker games, now I feel nothing. That overtime touchdown catch by Kenny Bell I just thought to myself, "Oh cool we won". 7 years of the same old same old from Bo has worn me out.

There's no excitement when it comes to his teams I know what to expect. We'll beat the heck out of whoever we're playing the first couple games. Right when we're feeling good we'll sneak by a random out of conference team (Fresno, South Dakota St, McNeese). And lose all the big ones (Wisconsin, Ohio St, Michigan St). Rinse and repeat. Yeah I'm ready for a change.

You just described Iowa's program in a nutshell and....golly gee, we beat them in OT. No wonder we feel no emotion.

Wins against Michigan, MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, ... Bowl appearances and wins. I don't get why optimism is offensive here. Sorry that I don't agree with the hive mind, I just think you are wrong. But please stop with the personal attacks.

lol

Wins against 2012 Michigan that went 8-5 and 2013 Michigan that went 7-6.

Win against 2011 OSU that went 6-7

Win against 2009 Oklahoma that went 8-5.

Win against 2011 Michigan State that went 11-3 and 2012 Michigan State that went 7-6.

It took the greatest comeback in school history to barely beat a team with a losing record under Luke Fickell? One of those wins is quality and I would go into the context of how MSU was coming off two of their most emotional weeks in school history and how we've barely been competitive against them since but you'd probably think I was just trying to cherrypick.

Have fun getting off on what amount to non-impressive wins over fancy strong sounding school names in their worst seasons of the last half decade.

• Fire 3

lol

Win against 2011 Michigan State that went 11-3 and 2012 Michigan State that went 7-6.

It took the greatest comeback in school history to barely beat a team with a losing record under Luke Fickell? One of those wins is quality and I would go into the context of how MSU was coming off two of their most emotional weeks in school history and how we've barely been competitive against them since but you'd probably think I was just trying to cherrypick.

Have fun getting off on what amount to non-impressive wins over fancy strong sounding school names in their worst seasons of the last half decade.

I actually feel sorry for you at this point. Enjoy hating your team. I'm gonna keep hoping for the best. I'd rather be disappointed than jaded.

lol

I actually feel sorry for you at this point. Enjoy hating your team. I'm gonna keep hoping for the best. I'd rather be disappointed than jaded.

I'd rather feel hopeful and energized for a new season with a new coach rather than knowing every season will go down the same. And it has and you know it. Apathy is fine for people who are fine with the status quo. It doesn't anyone a fairweather fan either way. I just want to see a team play sound football for 4 quarters win or lose. I think we've done that maybe a handful of times under Pelini most recently against Miami.

There's risk in anything you do but to settle just because things COULD get worse doesn't mean you don't try because look on the other side of that apathetic glass, things COULD get better.

lol

If Bo gets fired and hires a new guy....are you still gunna be a Bo apologist?

I forget how many people were Solich loyalists during that time....this one may be worse

lol

If Bo gets fired and hires a new guy....are you still gunna be a Bo apologist?

I forget how many people were Solich loyalists during that time....this one may be worse

If we fire Bo, I root for the new coach. Simple as that. sh#t, I rooted for Callahan for Christ's sake. I'll be disappointed, but I just want the Huskers to win and haven't given up yet.

Apparently that makes me a douchebag.

You realize Callahan and Bo are pretty much the same guy at this point, right?

I'm guessing you didn't do well in math growing up.

No worse than you at analogies.

Some of us so not get that there are other ways of thinking of coaches outside the scope of wins and losses.

It was an assertion, not an analogy. And as an assertion it is incorrect.

SE brings Pelini in on Monday and asks him for his take on the status of the program. SE then goes on to ask him what changes will be made.

Beck gone. I have to figure something will change with cotton. Paps roll diminish significantly to make room for real DC. At least two coaches will be gone.

Bo would be best served by bringing in a coordinator, on either side of the ball that has head coaching experience.