What happens now? Will an announcement come this weekend?

Yes let's fire Bo, bring in whatever coach that is willing to come to a program that will fire him for winning consistently, and lose most of our draft class in the process.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

I'd like to hear your take on how over last the seven year the husker have improved under Bo's watch AND why getting beat 60-??? Every year is ok with you ??

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

How is that any better than right now?

Name one thing we have right now that we wouldn't have through one or two 5-7 seasons other than a handful of small feel good wins against Purdue and Illinois and Rutgers.

You seriously don't have a clue.

Wins against Michigan, MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, ... Bowl appearances and wins. I don't get why optimism is offensive here. Sorry that I don't agree with the hive mind, I just think you are wrong. But please stop with the personal attacks.

If you consider someone telling to get a clue is a personal attack, you must have some thin skin. Nobody's calling you any names or harassing you. This is the Internet, gotta have some thick skin.

The only statement that will be made by keeping Bo is that the bar has definitely been lowered. Shawn Eichorst and the powers that be simply are happy if the seats are filled and not in restoring some respect to once was a pretty mighty/great program.

+1

I hope that's how they see it, because it's exactly how it is. It's outrageous to expect hardworking people to pay money––or worse, spend their time––on this product. Supporting the status quo is not an option. If Bo hadn't already blown his coordinator hires, he would have an out here. Unfortunately he's given no indication that he's able or willing to seriously examine the staff or his philosophy, or make intelligent choices when the chance comes around, so that's most likely a dead end. That leaves one option.

• Fire 1

I would have fired Bo 2-3 seasons ago. It was clear even then that he simply wasn't going to be able to get it done. But the true Bolievers will exult in the mediocrity of yet another meaningless nine win season. They seem to take pride in pointing out that Bo has a nice streak of those going.

I suspect that Bo saved his job with the win yesterday. Regardless of the fact it was an unimpressive win against a program that is the definition of mediocrity, and yet another season where any decent team beat the tar out of us, I think Bo will keep his job. And that would make me sad, if I didn't find myself caring less and less all the time.

I would have fired Bo 2-3 seasons ago. It was clear even then that he simply wasn't going to be able to get it done. But the true Bolievers will exult in the mediocrity of yet another meaningless nine win season. They seem to take pride in pointing out that Bo has a nice streak of those going.

I suspect that Bo saved his job with the win yesterday. Regardless of the fact it was an unimpressive win against a program that is the definition of mediocrity, and yet another season where any decent team beat the tar out of us, I think Bo will keep his job. And that would make me sad, if I didn't find myself caring less and less all the time.

I'm right there with you. The 2012 CCG loss (which I was there for in person) showed me that Pelini will never win the big games. I guess the Bo defenders on here are happy with mediocrity and don't want to see this program return to an elite status.

Nebraska should fire Pelini and then see whether you can find a coach who can average 9.5 wins per year in a major conference while coaching at a football obsessed school in a remote, sparsely populated state.

I'll bet you can find that guy. He's out there somewhere.

I think there would be a lot of qualified coaches salivating at the opportunity to coach a team with such good history and facilities that is part of a weak division in a weak conference. And I think these same coaches get the fact that Nebraska fans are simply wanting a coach that can get the team back to winning conference titles, and not settling on 9 meaningless wins against unranked teams.

We cannot compare solich and bo. There was still some optimism when we fired solich because a revamped staff and a marked improvement in that we won the games we were supposed to... There were no southern miss and ok state type losses that year...

I didn't want solich fired. Wanted to see joe dailey and a more balanced offense with the bo defense at least one more season. In hindsight it probably would not have been much better.

Bo leaves no hope. We don't rise up to the big games. We play so sloppy that we are constantly fighting our way back into games that often shouldn't be close. I'm not expecting to plow through everyone everytime. I'm tired of watching our team win inspite of itself. But whatever. I passed on the game yesterday. I'll pass on next season too. We can't win big games. We're the 3rd best team in the big ten west. We are average. I'm not okay with that. This was a wasted year. Talent, schedule...wasted on the same things of previous years.

• Fire 1

Nebraska should fire Pelini and then see whether you can find a coach who can average 9.5 wins per year in a major conference while coaching at a football obsessed school in a remote, sparsely populated state.

I think there would be a lot of qualified coaches salivating at the opportunity to coach a team with such good history and facilities that is part of a weak division in a weak conference. And I think these same coaches get the fact that Nebraska fans are simply wanting a coach that can get the team back to winning conference titles, and not settling on 9 meaningless wins against unranked teams.

Funny thing about Nebraska fans - they only think wins are meaningless. The losses are always full of meaning.

Funny thing about Nebraska fans - they only think wins are meaningless. The losses are always full of meaning.

That's the whole point. The wins do have meaning. If they didn't, why would we care if we didn't get them, especially against equal or more talented teams?

Name me the most meaningful win we have this season.

We cannot compare solich and bo. There was still some optimism when we fired solich because a revamped staff and a marked improvement in that we won the games we were supposed to... There were no southern miss and ok state type losses that year...

I didn't want solich fired. Wanted to see joe dailey and a more balanced offense with the bo defense at least one more season. In hindsight it probably would not have been much better.

Bo leaves no hope. We don't rise up to the big games. We play so sloppy that we are constantly fighting our way back into games that often shouldn't be close. I'm not expecting to plow through everyone everytime. I'm tired of watching our team win inspite of itself. But whatever. I passed on the game yesterday. I'll pass on next season too. We can't win big games. We're the 3rd best team in the big ten west. We are average. I'm not okay with that. This was a wasted year. Talent, schedule...wasted on the same things of previous years.

well said!