***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I really believe that we're going to get an established name as a new head coach. While we may overlook some less-known coaching gems that could potentially get us further, I believe that we're going to go the safe route this time. Who that may be is way above my pay grade. I just expect a known quantity for our next coach.

Tressel makes the most sense to me. To those who referred to recruiting in the "waist land of Nebraska" ... I would like to hear who would be better to go into the homes of recruits then this guy? He knows the B1G and how to recruit in these areas. If anything ... it's the recruiting in Texas, FL, Cali and our 500 mile radius that I'm wondering about.

I think he would be a good leader/CEO and I trust that he would make some good splash hires for OC and DC and as well develop both coaches and players.

I'm actually hoping I get hired. My plan is to negotiate the best budget they'll give me. Keep maybe a cool mil for myself, then go out and hire those that I want to run the O and the D, and I'll play CEO. Thoughts? ;)

I agree. Any board member could win 9 games a season. I quoted this as a response to a Bo lover in another thread. Get great coordinators by paying well above standard, and let the HC get out of the way.

I would prefer a new head coach that has been a head coach before- probably a guy who excelled in at a small school or lower echelon Div 1 school. I think its important to hire a coach who been a good recruiter, honest, and proven to be head coach leader of assistant coaches. There a large number of great assistants who don't seem to be able to perform as a head coach.

I would lean toward people like, Jim McElwain, Craig Bohl, and Mark Richt. Scott Frost should be considered but he does not have a track record as a head coach. I wonder if Bohl would think about abandoning Wyoming after only one year? I can't see the TCU or UCLA coaches leaving a good set up to start over again.