***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Mark Richt would likely not fair any better than Pelini. At least the fans wouldn't approve of him any more.

Georgia fans feel the exact same way about him that we do about Pelini. He's had a little bit more success, but the prevailing narrative is that they are stuck being good not great.

• Fire 1

Those wanting Tressel should consider that he did well at a school in the middle of a hotbed of recruits.

IMO we need someone who's proven they can do well in a recruiting wasteland like Nebraska.

How many of the 1995 starters were from Nebraska? I don't recall, but I seem to remember it being more than 50%. Cilly really quit recruiting Nebraska, and Bo didn't revive it.

I get so tired of hiring or people who think the OC or DC at a powerhouse like Alabama or wherever should be the next coach somewhere else. Think about it, Pelini was from Nebraska, OU and LSU. He is/was Kirby Smart. How many times does it work out when you hire someone elses OC/DC? It will work for a season or two, but never has long term benefits. I shouldn't say never but its hard. Its easier to recruit to Alabama or Florida St or whom ever if your head coach is Saban, Fischer, or whomever. Think about it. Just becasue your coaching at Alabama doesn't mean you can at Nebraska. Just because he is a good x and o guy at Alabama, it might not translate in recruiting and coaching at another D -1 school.

So tired of that mentality. Thats what got Nebraska into this shape. Did Bo do more than Callahan, Yes. Did he recruit better, NO. Was both an upgrade over Frank, I would say yes to a certain point. These guys were coordinators. Callahan was nothing more than an overhyped coordinator along with Bo and actually Frank. Frank knew one thing and that was option, I formation. Lets get someone with there own identity for a change.

It worked pretty well when Bob Devaney hired an unpaid assistant as his OC and then promoted him to HC. In fact, it worked pretty darn well for 25 years.

I'm gonna be angry if it's bilema, such a dousche, getting the sinking feeling it is

Granted it was in the SEC, but hardly as if he was tearing up a nation there. In fact, he struggled to win any conference games.

They've been playing really well lately.

They have hung tough in a great conference, but hardly the success story breeding confidence he could come to NU and build it to a national power.