***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bielema here. Why does everyone dislike him?

Because he's just kind of a douchebag, and it's not really a long term answer since he's just biding his time until Ferentz gets canned. I say if he can be a hired gun to bring back the pipeline and fix the offensive identity crisis, bring it on.

I am not impressed with big name coaches that excell in talent rich recruiting areas and have 4 and 5 star athlethes all over the field. The coaches who get my attention and respect are those who conistently do more with less. Bill Snyder comes to mind first in that department. I am not advocating or suggesting he be our next coach, but I want someone like him.

I think guys who are use to having tons of talent to choose from on the recruiting circuit and on the playing field may get a rude awakening when they step away from that.

I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact it is highly desirable to have a coach who gets the most from his talent pool, regardless of how they are ranked or heralded. However, I think taking this program to the next level must also include someone who can bring in some of those blue chip prospects and manage the personalities that come with that injection of competitiveness into a cohesive unit with unified goals. It is the later that is an often under appreciated value of great leadership.

I am not impressed with big name coaches that excell in talent rich recruiting areas and have 4 and 5 star athlethes all over the field. The coaches who get my attention and respect are those who conistently do more with less. Bill Snyder comes to mind first in that department. I am not advocating or suggesting he be our next coach, but I want someone like him.

I think guys who are use to having tons of talent to choose from on the recruiting circuit and on the playing field may get a rude awakening when they step away from that.

You always want a guy that overachieves but make no mistake about the great coaches in fertile recruiting grounds. They know what they are doing on the field. You can tell the good ones from the bad even in the recruiting areas

1. Tressel

2. Johnson

3. Calhoun

4. Richt.

Give me some power football (hopefully option), play action, few penalties/turnovers and tough defense. Maybe we don't get the magical 9 wins every year, but we will be competitive in every game, and guaranteed a real shot at conference hardware, maybe a place in the playoff every now and then instead of being the butt of jokes nationally.

No way any of these coaches give up 59, 62, 63, 70, or 408 like the last guy.

• Fire 1

You always want a guy that overachieves but make no mistake about the great coaches in fertile recruiting grounds. They know what they are doing on the field. You can tell the good ones from the bad even in the recruiting areas

See Mack Brown

My Allstar Coaching Staff:

1) Jim Tressel HC

2) Frost OC

3) Muschamp DC

-Nebraska should not be afraid to spend big money on coaches. But my question is this: Is Jim Tressel even eligible to coach until 2016? Im yet to get a strait answer on this and Im curious.

yes, he can coach this year. it has been mentioned in numerous threads on here. iirc he cant coach the first 4 games and the university has to report to the ncaa every time he goes to the bathroom. okay, the second part might not be true but they will have to make reports to the ncaa more often.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show-cause_penalty

thank you

See Mack Brown

You mean the guy that won a NC and played for another? Yeah. Terrible coach.

I suppose we can put Bobby Bowden on the list too?

I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact it is highly desirable to have a coach who gets the most from his talent pool, regardless of how they are ranked or heralded. However, I think taking this program to the next level must also include someone who can bring in some of those blue chip prospects and manage the personalities that come with that injection of competitiveness into a cohesive unit with unified goals. It is the later that is an often under appreciated value of great leadership.

Valid point.

• Fire 2

See Mack Brown

You mean the guy that won a NC and played for another? Yeah. Terrible coach.

I suppose we can put Bobby Bowden on the list too?

No

Deal is already in place for the next head coach. All names that I have heard are good options. Fans will be happy.

This is a bullsh#t statement. If a deal is in place, then it's not names. It's one name.

assistants have names too.
You're right but it's not often that the staff is announced in unison with the HC. In fact, I don't know if I have ever heard of it.