***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

This is my two cents: Eichorst spent some time in Madison before taking the Miami job. He was under Alvarez who I think had some influence in his decision to come to Nebraska. Coming back to the Midwest and the Big 10. I think a pro style pound the ball type of offense mind makes a lot of sense in November. The success Mich St, Wisconsin and even Minnesota has had recently proves that. I think a coach that has had some experience is important too. BO was never a HC before Nebraska. My guess is former OC at Wisconsin and HC of Pitt Paul Chryst. Makes sence and completely different than BO. Almost the complete opposite. Anyway who the hell knows just sharing my thought. GBR

I am going to as of right now thank BO for what he did do here: No NCAA investigations, players were not an embarrassment to the Big Red nation, no recruiting scandals, no tattoo scandals, didn't lose to schools like Mcneese St or South Dakota. Players graduated. Put players in the NFL( even though they have lessened since Callahan recruits left),ETC..........you get the point.

That being said, it was time to go into a new direction. That direction has many turns and twists right now, but do feel a change was due.

I can see Frost being the next one. Dr. Tom would be right there for help. I think Frost should bring in some legends to work on his staff. Gill, Rathman, Craig among others. Get some tradition back and get some Nebraska football back. THe identity of Big Red Football. Turner Gill should be the associate Head coach/QB coach. Rathman or Craig as your RB's coach.

I would rather see them wait on Frost, but the chance he could go somewhere else right now and become an instant success is there. Maybe there more than anyone realizes.

I went thru my list once again, and really I don't see a slam dunk on the board right now. If thats the case, take the one who knows the landscape and knows the terrain that is coaching Big Red football.

No to Chryst and no to Paul Johnson.

Sweater Vest / Frost at OC combo is very intriguing. If not that then it better be Patterson, Shaw, or Mullen. McElwain is still out there too. Has Florida cooled on McElwain?

Johnson can't recruit, ya I'll pass too. Chryst has been alright at Pitt but nothing special.

Don't see Patterson coming, think if he goes anywhere it's someplace like Florida. Shaw is Stanford to the bone, he'll retire from there. MSU will be much worse next season due to graduation. Mullen would be smart to move-on. McElwain is an up-and-comer I'd be good with. Tressel would be a solid hire.

Bret Bielema played at Iowa when Bo coached there. He is a midwestern guy who doesn't really fit in well in the SEC. I think he is the one.

I knew Bret in high school. I even wrestled him once. He was an elitist jerk back then. Aloof and didn't really talk to us regular folks. Once in a while his would talk to his coach and that was about it. Sure, he did well in Wisconsin but he was pretty much handed a team that was good and did little but do what he was told to keep it going.

I don't think he's our guy.

• Fire 1

Paul Johnson winning percentage is just a couple of percent worse than Bo's coaching less talent. If you can recruit some, and coach a lot, your going to win. Same formula that T. O. used for 25 years. Thats what is missing right now from this program.

Not pushing for Johnson to get the job, just saying that there are much worse coaches out there.

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

Tressel was my initial thought as a slam dunk. Now after reading more about his situation and missing some games for something he did a few years ago, doesn't set well with me now. I don't like the coach in waiting thing IE: Texas and Muschamp, Fischer and Bowden. They don't end well. The older coach seems to win just enough to stay around and the "coach in waiting" is just that.

I think it draws the wrong kind of attention from the national media. I don't think recruits would like it. Parents of recruits.

As I also stated in a previous post, Tressel would still be coaching there if not for Urban Meyer on the set of ESPN during this time frame. It all kind of worked out for everyone that he was let go for Urban too take the reigns.

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

I wasn't a big fan of Tressel as our HC last year when that was brought up, but now, in our current circumstances, Tressel with Frost as OC/HC in waiting is the best possible result for us and I hope it happens. The only way it could get better is Muschamp as DC.

Tressel with Frost is now my leading choice. This could potentially be very cool.

1) Everyone likes a good redemption story. Tressel has to be itching to get back out there.

2) This may be the only way to get Frost to come as OC. It benefits him in a lot of ways. Gets him further experience under another great coach in Tressel who knows the BIG. Lessens pressure on him coming back to NU with all the expectations. Long-term he can be the head coach for a very long time.

3) Fanbase would unite.

4) We'd be getting publicity everywhere around the country. BIG would be more relevant than ever. NU vs. OSU would be legendary games. Hello, Gameday.

This would be really exciting.

• Fire 6

How about Tressel HC, Frost OC, Aranda DC. That i would love!! One way or another we need a good DC to bring back the Blackshirts!! Hire one and have him talk to McBride immediately to get educated on the history and tradition and the correct way to go about handing them out.

Ok, so lets say Tressel and Frost come....what happens next? Honestly if Frost comes, Ron Brown is a guaranteed stay. Fill in the rest...

HC - Tressel

OC - Frost

DC -

DL - Ed Orgeron (I've wanted him on staff since I heard him speak at coaches clinic last spring, and he recruits well)

LB -

DB -

WR - Ron Brown or ?

RB - Ron Brown or ?

TE -

OL -