***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

would really like to see Mullen or McElwain.

Frost should get a serious look

I have seen a number of people make "CEO" comments... maybe out of left field, but what about Tony Dungy?

I would jizz myself if we hired Dungy. Great coach, man, and mentor.

Sweet Holy God no.

• Fire 1

Dustin Fox@DustinFox37 25m25 minutes ago

I can confirm Tressel is NOT going to going to coach at Nebraska. Stop with all the rumors.

This guy might be right but why isn't Tressel saying it?

And if you had asked a former player under Bo in 2011 if he was looking around he'd say Bo was happy here and not looking. When it became clear he'd have walked through fire and broken glass to coach at Ohio St.

Something to consider.

But, since this guy is semi-media, it may push Tressel to either make a statement. Or it won't. Or he's the guy.

It has been take off the Vegas boards.. Is that a good sign that maybe some info that is creditable has been leaked, Vegas is usually very quick to pull anything off the boards if some Info they think is worthy has leaked.

What is "it" here? I'm not trying to be snarky-- do you mean a coach's name or the NU coaching hunt in general?

I added Craig Bohl to the below list, still believe that he deserves consideration.

CRAIG BOHL - Proven he can be a head coach, can develop talent and win championships. Sure it was with North Dakota State but he was able to do it at North Dakota State. Seemed to be able to pull talent to one of the most remote places in the US. Would like to see one more season at Wyoming but we don't exactly have the luxury of time.

JIM MCELWAIN - Saban man, turned the program around. Big buyout, might be worth it?

JIM TRESSEL - Like everything except for the show-cause and not sure if he would want to leave his president job so soon after taking it. The most proven of the list.

SCOTT FROST - Needs to get a HC job at a FCS or lower tier FBS school and prove he can lead a team.

GREG SCHIANO - Callahan comes to mind, wouldn't touch him.

JOE MOGLIA - Too old (65)

JERRY KILL - Health

MARK RICHT - Hasn't really made Georgia into a powerhouse though they are better.

DAN MULLEN - Probably won't leave

TROY CALHOUN - An interesting "option"

MIKE GUNDY - Could pull some recruits from Texas but otherwise doesn't impress me that much.

Now some yahoo on the book of faces claiming Jim Harbaugh just landed in Lincoln in a jet plane.

I cant take two weeks of this nonsense.

"It's just a layover! Leave me alone!" Harbaugh was heard to say as he threw two dollars on the counter to pay for his Snickers before storming off down the concourse. Reliable sources near the salt water aquarium in my mom's basement claim that the statements were an obvious attempt at deception and that Harbaugh didn't even look hungry in the video on my iPhone suggesting that the Snickers bar was itself part of an elaborate ruse.

• Fire 1

No "announcement" expected this week. Early next week! Ribbit.

If it is next week then it surely has to be someone that is coaching this weekend right?

if it were Tressell you would think it would come earlier than that just to try and start saving recruits.

if this statement is indeed factual