***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

^ I mean, if it was going to be Patterson, I'm sure NU would let him coach out the rest of the season.

People want to talk "moral fiber" when dismissing Tressel, but we'd be asking Patterson to do his best Brian Kelly leaving Cincinatti impression.
Pappy O'Daniel concurs.

Been playin it as far away as Mobile. Whole damn state's goin apey

• Fire 1

^ I mean, if it was going to be Patterson, I'm sure NU would let him coach out the rest of the season.

... and not sign a recruiting class?

They did this with Bo at LSU, so he could win his Natty. yes, I said Natty.

I don't like the idea, especially with the Playoff pushing the game back an additional week. It would leave 23 days between game and NSD.

I wouldn't want it either, I'm just saying, that's what happened last time. I'd much rather have someone in here right away to hire coaches, finish recruiting this class and build on the relationships they already have in next year's class.

Not even a slim chance Gary Patterson leaves. It would be great, but not happening. He married a FTW girl, they have 3 kids and a good life here (fort worth). There's not even a buzz that he would be interested leaving TCU. I have followed them the whole time he's been coach.

I used to go to the Fox and Hound Bar and Grill down the street during his weekly live radio show. Was before he got married in 04. He loved the area then and even more now. This is home. His family and the Horned Frogs are his life. As well as beating UT and OU.

Jerry Kill was his best man at the wedding btw

But then what do I know...

People want to talk "moral fiber" when dismissing Tressel, but we'd be asking Patterson to do his best Brian Kelly leaving Cincinatti impression.

Pappy O'Daniel concurs.

So you're saying he's a servant of the little man?
  • Fire 1

Pappy O'Daniel concurs.
So you're saying he's a servant of the little man?
It's time to get rid of seven years of nepotism!

Cronyism!

Rascalism!

• Fire 2

would really like to see Mullen or McElwain.

Frost should get a serious look

I have seen a number of people make "CEO" comments... maybe out of left field, but what about Tony Dungy?

I would jizz myself if we hired Dungy. Great coach, man, and mentor.

He is, and he's the only one I believe that when he says he's done, he's done. I just don't envision him getting back into coaching.

I have seen a number of people make "CEO" comments... maybe out of left field, but what about Tony Dungy?

He is, and he's the only one I believe that when he says he's done, he's done. I just don't envision him getting back into coaching.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I don't think Dungy has any desire to return to coaching but if he ever does, he will be a hot commodity and schools will be fighting each other to nab him

and cowher. he's got that sweet twc thing going on.

doesn't the university have to wait at least 48 hrs. before announcing a new head coach? to comply with equal opportunity standards?

i thought i heard that somewhere.

Not sure about timeframe, but we do have to interview a minority coach right? To satisfy some NCAA regulation or something?