***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

No "announcement" expected this week. Early next week! Ribbit.

Sunday before the basketball game.. Ribbit ribbit

And I don't think tressel is on the odds board because of the tweet.. A dude that has some what credibility with the media.. Said he's not coming. You can't take the chance and leave him in the board and People betting like crazy hoping the media guy is correct. Once any info is leaked by anybody with decent creds.. They will pull it off the sheets

Timing issue may be (probably is) that NU has to have a publicly posted position available for EEO reasons. I believe the required length is ONE WEEK. So, if that is correct, they couldn't name a coach if they wanted to for at least a week from firing Bo. That might be why they were quick to get it done.

In the past, certain schools would 'post' notice of the job. But to get to it, you had to swim through a 300 yard gasoline-filled pool of alligators in the third basement of the condemned, abandoned building somewhere in the old campus from the 1800's to view it. This practice ended when 'some' people (likely competing schools) got tired of it and complained.

In any case, I hope we make a good hire. I'd be happy with a frog or a vest to lead and a frost-monster in waiting. A Harbaugh would be great, but I would always be a little worried about the NFL, no matter how much we paid. Pro teams are in another financial world.

I hope Eich gets the guy who is the first guy on his list... If we have to go through what Pedey did like the hopeless, desperate guy asking every available girl out and getting turned down each and every time...I think I am going to puke...

Frost seems to be a favorite of some, but not at all liked by others. I am afraid this choice would create a huge division among the fan base.

Tress ain't coming...

To me, that only leaves McElwain...BUT with Florida sniffing around I don't like our chances. Please, please Eich do not pull another Callahan type hire...

Which is based on that same questionable tweet.

Which doesn't mean jack.

Carl Pelini said he wasn't the leading candidate for FAU. Bo said he wasn't interested in Miami or OSU or Arkansas. Urban said he wasn't going to Ohio State. etc. etc.

I don't see any of the coaches mentioned as being definitely better than Bo. Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher would be homerun hires but anyone else mentioned is a big question mark. Tressel is a slimy cheat.

With the young, returning team we have. Bo would have won 10+ games next year. The new coach better do that.

I would rather be pleasantly surprised that Tressel was named coach, than getting upset to find out he wasn't. So for my own sanity, and a little reasoning, I am ruling out Tressel.

i love the reverse psychology...

i hyped myself up last year so much that Bo would be gone and was so disappointed when he wasnt.. this year i convinced myself after the Iowa game that he would be here another year... and woke up pleasantly surprised Sunday

I don't see any of the coaches mentioned as being definitely better than Bo. Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher would be homerun hires but anyone else mentioned is a big question mark. Tressel is a slimy cheat.

With the young, returning team we have. Bo would have won 10+ games next year. The new coach better do that.

Great statement, given I guess we will never know now will we???? Just like we were supposed to win 10+ games this year with our easy schedule and returning so many players that have yet another year under their belts.