***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I don't see any of the coaches mentioned as being definitely better than Bo. Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher would be homerun hires but anyone else mentioned is a big question mark. Tressel is a slimy cheat.

With the young, returning team we have. Bo would have won 10+ games next year. The new coach better do that.

And what if he doesn't because we are installing a new offense or something along those lines? Bo had the last three seasons to prove he could get over the hump, failed, and paid for it.

I have heard a lot of noise about Tressel, though I'm really uncomfortable with it. Having an untarnished reputation like NU has, why would we bring someone with NCAA violations on his record. He knowlingly ignored it when boosters paid his players. Is that the kind of coach we want here? Yes, I'm sure he is a good coach, but his ethics are questionable, and that just won't do at Nebraska.

I have heard a lot of noise about Tressel, though I'm really uncomfortable with it. Having an untarnished reputation like NU has, why would we bring someone with NCAA violations on his record. He knowlingly ignored it when boosters paid his players. Is that the kind of coach we want here? Yes, I'm sure he is a good coach, but his ethics are questionable, and that just won't do at Nebraska.

We should not be throwing stones.

I don't see any of the coaches mentioned as being definitely better than Bo. Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher would be homerun hires but anyone else mentioned is a big question mark. Tressel is a slimy cheat.

With the young, returning team we have. Bo would have won 10+ games next year. The new coach better do that.

And what if he doesn't because we are installing a new offense or something along those lines? Bo had the last three seasons to prove he could get over the hump, failed, and paid for it.

And got paid for it. It's been written many times the ONLY missing ingredients are coaching and development......so a backslide in the win column doesn't make sense. We're hiring a coach to get the wins Pelini didn't.

I love these people that come out and call anyone who ever got in trouble a sleaz. Its laughable to think anyone who has ever been successful in anything never bent the rules. Looking the other way on some free tats is not a big deal. As a matter-of-fact I almost bet any program if looked at hard enough is breaking rules right now. At least he didnt cover up the rape of children......

• Fire 1

It's been written many times the ONLY missing ingredients are coaching and development......so a backslide in the win column doesn't make sense. We're hiring a coach to get the wins Pelini didn't.

Someone didn't listen to the press conference.

Because someone wasn't referencing what Eichorst said......

We should not be throwing stones.

Not throwing stones. Just makes me raise my eyebrows. There was more to it than tatoos, if you don't think that whats his bucket running back was not on the payroll of their boosters.... At any rate, I hope the new word is true and he is no longer on the list. That will make it all a moot point.