***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I don't understand why people keep linking Tressel and Frost. I would love to have frost apart of the program but the offense he's running at Oregon is different from anything Tressel has ever been apart of before. Tressel's known for having a tough defense and winning games conservatively, that's the exact opposite of Oregon. I feel he's much more likely to bring in someone with big 10 experience.

• Fire 1

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

This is the thing I don't get. Tressel, JUST became President of Youngstown St. I don't think he's the kind of person to job jump. It's still possible, but the fact that he just became President is what's making me doubt this.

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

This is the thing I don't get. Tressel, JUST became President of Youngstown St. I don't think he's the kind of person to job jump. It's still possible, but the fact that he just became President is what's making me doubt this.

What do you think as an OSU fan hearing this rumor?

I haven't posted anything since the firing, but I have been giddy ever since I heard about it. I live in Ohio with a bunch of Ohio State fans, so I will look forward to discussing these rumors with them this week - I would be very interested to hear an OSU fan's take on Tressel possibly coming to Nebraska.

One of my coworkers actually played at OSU under Tressel. I mentioned to him last week that JT was one of the possible names being discussed if Bo were fired. He immediately lit up and gushed that it would be a great hire. I want to ask him more about Tressel's personality and some inside info, but this coworker is on vacation all week. If the hire actually comes to fruition, I am going to pick his brain for sure!

I love, love, love this whole discussion. Not only was it overdue for Pelini to be shown the door so we can actually have some hope back, but the thrill of the hunt and speculation about the future suddenly makes this place interesting for discussion again. I haven't been this excited since the conference change was in the works. Yesterday felt like Christmas!

• Fire 1

I've been reading this board for the past few weeks since it became apparent that Bo was probably on the way out. I like David Shaw a lot just because of how Stanford plays, but I don't think he would leave the Cardinal. What about another of Harbaugh's guys from his days in Palo Alto, Colts OC Pep Hamilton? He would run a pro-style, smash mouth offense that would be really good at NU.

I've been reading this board for the past few weeks since it became apparent that Bo was probably on the way out. I like David Shaw a lot just because of how Stanford plays, but I don't think he would leave the Cardinal. What about another of Harbaugh's guys from his days in Palo Alto, Colts OC Pep Hamilton? He would run a pro-style, smash mouth offense that would be really good at NU.

There is a guy out West on the list but I am not able to confirmation on who it is. It could be Shaw or Pep?

McElwain is not the "West" guy...that I was able to get confirmed.

Ok, so lets say Tressel and Frost come....what happens next? Honestly if Frost comes, Ron Brown is a guaranteed stay. Fill in the rest...

HC - Tressel

OC - Frost

DC -

DL - Ed Orgeron (I've wanted him on staff since I heard him speak at coaches clinic last spring, and he recruits well)

LB -

DB -

WR - Ron Brown or ?

RB - Ron Brown or ?

TE -

OL -

OL--Garrison (I think he's a lock to stay if Frost comes)

DB--Warren

The rest will be interesting.

People want Frost in as HC, he'll he could be a great coach, BUT he comes from a super finesse offense

misconception Oregon can't seem to shake. they run mostly power-based stuff, just with a lot of speed and misdirection.

Ok, so lets say Tressel and Frost come....what happens next? Honestly if Frost comes, Ron Brown is a guaranteed stay. Fill in the rest...

HC - Tressel

OC - Frost

DC -

DL - Ed Orgeron (I've wanted him on staff since I heard him speak at coaches clinic last spring, and he recruits well)

LB -

DB -

WR - Ron Brown or ?

RB - Ron Brown or ?

TE -

OL -

good god yes