***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I haven't looked through all of this thread so sorry if someone mentioned him already, but Jim McElwain, the HC for CSU, would be a solid hire in my opinion. I go to CSU and am telling you, if he can make the talent on that team as competitive as they are, he could work wonders with our roster. He will be a big time coach in the next couple of years (once again IMO).

FYI... RT @YahooForde: Y Sources: Colorado State coach Jim McElwain emerging as a leading candidate at Florida. http://yhoo.it/1FH05e2

FYI... RT @YahooForde: Y Sources: Colorado State coach Jim McElwain emerging as a leading candidate at Florida. http://yhoo.it/1FH05e2

damn this was one of my top choices........ i think this guy had a lot of upside and not a lot of the baggage that comes with some of the other candidates..... this guy seemed fresh while some of the other guys seem to have that 'something old is new again' feel....

Playing and coaching are 2 different things. Just because he was one tough son of a b^*ch on the field, he is still going to bring the style of football he knows and was groomed to take over. Which is Oregon Duck football. Fast fast finesse. When it's rainy/snowy and cold, you need to play husker football of old.

I wouldn't be upset if he was our hire, but I think there are a few better hires out there.

• Fire 1

Other sources have said Florida has vetted him but is NOT their top choice, but simply on their list.

I really think the reason that SE ended this now instead of after the bowl game is the fact that Florida and likely Michigan will also be going after the same top names. I think Bo and Muschamp are prime examples that great college assistants don't make great head coaches at a big-time program. They really need to learn and prove themselves as a HC at a smaller school first.

Just to keep us up to date.

Coaching Search

prob been posted here somewhere but i enjoyed these one i haven't read

USA Today columnist Dan Wolken: “Shawn Eichorst is a complete wildcard at Nebraska. He talks to nobody. Has very few friends or close associates in the industry.”

...wow

Chicago Tribune writer Teddy Greenstein: “Urban Meyer said that when he was informed that OSU alum Pelini got fired, his reply was: You kidding me?”