***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I think Richt is the next one. Even if I don't think he is any better than Bo, I think he is next. Georgia is dying to get rid of this guy. I think our AD and theirs are in talks. I think Georgia wants to fire him and if he wants the Nebraska job it makes things easier for all involved. I don't have great facts or even any, just speculation at this point.

Troy Calhoun is interesting, and I think he could do a nice job. Paul Johnson is my choice if you want an option type coach with experience in a Power 5 conference.

Bielema is a nice choice, but wanted out of the Big 10 or he wouldn't have left Wisconsin.

Petrino is a nice thought, but if he does well here, he will leave for the next Arkansas or Alanta Falcons job, and he will get those offers again.

Turner Gill would be nice to see come back in some capacity either OC or Associate head coach/QB coach type of role.

Roger Craig and Tom Rathman would nice to include in some way as well. Lets bring back some tradition and pride to our sidelines once again. Scott Frost included. Bring back some coaches that are Big RED thru and thru.

Deal is already in place for the next head coach. All names that I have heard are good options. Fans will be happy.

Not sure if this has been asked but, is this EZ?

I doubt it is EZ. He hasn't mentioned any HC experience so far. And if EZ had such experience, I imagine we would all know about it.

Just a thought. Wisconsin, and now Minnesota, beat us up physically for 60 minutes and run up and down the field on us and play old school husker ball.

People want Frost in as HC, he'll he could be a great coach, BUT he comes from a super finesse offense, ours under Beck on steroids AND knowledge of what they are doing/teaching.

What team has kicked Oregon's but the last few years with a physical D and a super physical Offense? Stanford.

I'm just afraid we won't gain anything on the physicality of B1G play if we go with Frost.

Just a thought.

Deal is already in place for the next head coach. All names that I have heard are good options. Fans will be happy.

Not sure if this has been asked but, is this EZ?

I doubt it is EZ. He hasn't mentioned any HC experience so far. And if EZ had such experience, I imagine we would all know about it.

Ah crap...EZ is the new Nebraska head coach.

Honestly the more I think about Frost, the more I like the idea.

He might not be ready yet. That's true. There's risk involved. But is a few more years' worth of experience equal to the risk of passing on him only for him to go on to become an all-time great somewhere else?

Here's a good article from a Oregon site:

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Is-Scott-Frost-Ready-for-a-Move-to-Head-Coach-33411768

With the Nebraska job now open is he ready to take the next step in college football?
Frost has been groomed for this day since his arrival at Oregon. He was often referred to as Chip's right hand man under his tenure. Frost has been around notable coaches such as Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells and Jon Gruden among others.
The Oregon offense has been hitting on all cylinders this season since the UCLA game, in my opinion. Despite injuries and a rotating starting offensive line, Scott Frost and Mariota have pushed this offense to new limits and has been as efficient as any team in the country.
Is it time for Frost to sell high?

People want Frost in as HC, he'll he could be a great coach, BUT he comes from a super finesse offense,

You know that Frost's football experience started before his time at Oregon. Frost played option quarterback under Osborne. He was anything but finesse then.

Either Tressel or Frost. Anyone else would be not so...

I'm open to basically any of the names that have been thrown out, as long as we hold them to the same standards.

9-4 is a fine record every so often. We're not insane. But you must win a conference title within 5 years and/or finish in the top 10 one season.

for me, a 7-5 record every so often is fine if you get a conf. champ. every so often and those low seasons are clearly a rebuilding year. perhaps during an unusually tough schedule.

• Fire 2

I'm open to basically any of the names that have been thrown out, as long as we hold them to the same standards.

9-4 is a fine record every so often. We're not insane. But you must win a conference title within 5 years and/or finish in the top 10 one season.

for me, a 7-5 record every so often is fine if you get a conf. champ. every so often and those low seasons are clearly a rebuilding year. perhaps during an unusually tough schedule.

Agreed. I'd happily have traded one of these past 9-4 seasons for 7-5, if it meant we had a 13-1 type season.