***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I think they have their guy and I think they're being coy because he just coached a game this weekend and is probably still alive for a bowl game. Just a gut feeling based on absolutely nothing concrete :).

Okay, color me intrigued. However, what are the rules in college with talking to coaches while the season is still in play? Is it permission based?

I'm not exactly sure. I know we hired Pelini while he was still DC at LSU, so there isn't necessarily a tampering rule while in season....I think.

Those wanting Tressel should consider that he did well at a school in the middle of a hotbed of recruits.

IMO we need someone who's proven they can do well in a recruiting wasteland like Nebraska.

Like?? No place is as much of a "recruiting wasteland" as Nebraska.

If Bo had been fired last year I'd say Idaho.

I think they have their guy and I think they're being coy because he just coached a game this weekend and is probably still alive for a bowl game. Just a gut feeling based on absolutely nothing concrete :).

Are you Sharpe or Benning? They just clearly said this on the radio too..and I tend to think that is correct. So who does that point to? >>>> Frost....Richt.....Did Co State play this weekend?

Colorado State lost to Air Force this weekend.

Ok, I am just saying Frost would be a buzz kill for me. I LOVED him as a player but:

It is not as if he will bring west coast kids to Nebraska.

He currently benefits from a system that someone else put in place.

I don't think he will be able to lead the type of program overhaul most feel is needed.

As many have said...bringing him on as an OC/HC in waiting is appealing from a superficial level..but thinking nuts and bolts...or x's and o's...it would be a big task for him to translate the offense he inherited to Nebraska....and from the sounds of most, there is an overwhelming desire to return to smashmouth, "We're going to run it and dare you to stop us" type of old school Husker football. I'm torn...it is hard to not watch Oregon and wish for something similar wearing Scarlet and Cream...exciting football.

Are you Sharpe or Benning? They just clearly said this on the radio too..and I tend to think that is correct. So who does that point to? >>>> Frost....Richt.....Did Co State play this weekend?

Colorado State lost to Air Force this weekend.

So they would not be playing next weekend..which is also what Sharpe and Benning thought...

Imo, it's not frost, so i was thinking either Bret B or Richt. Was Coastal Carolina playing last weekend?

Moglia would be fine, but Bret and Richt are snoozer hires. CSU got beat by air force, fwiw.

I don't like the whole Cotton as interim decision, BUT SE is a politician and like good lawyer, doesn't ask a question he doesn't know the answer to.... No way did he fire Bo without a firm commit from a big time hire IMO. no way, he goes the SP route and gets like his 9th choice....to much at stake from reuniting the fan base and team, keeping the players on the team, keeping recruits and keeping the big $ donors happy.....

IMO, we will all be pleasantly surprised and happy with the new coach. No inside knowledge, just a gut feeling.......(I hope I'm right) If we get some dude I have to look up on Wikipedia I'll sh!t myself..........

• Fire 1

My Allstar Coaching Staff:

1) Jim Tressel HC

2) Frost OC

3) Muschamp DC

-Nebraska should not be afraid to spend big money on coaches. But my question is this: Is Jim Tressel even eligible to coach until 2016? Im yet to get a strait answer on this and Im curious.

yes, he can coach this year. it has been mentioned in numerous threads on here. iirc he cant coach the first 4 games and the university has to report to the ncaa every time he goes to the bathroom. okay, the second part might not be true but they will have to make reports to the ncaa more often.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show-cause_penalty

• Fire 1