***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Here are my in vegas, drunken, thoughts...

The job had been decided upon before bo was fired...

The only person I've heard that has specifically been seen in Lincoln....

It has to be Tressel... Unless for some reason he was just helping...

I think he he himself wants to finish his career on a high not and why not stay in the B1G

I'd b very highly disappointed if this we're not the case

I heard a decision will be made on Sunday!!!!

Was going to mention this as well.

For those who don't know, this is Stanley Morgan's mom (2015 commit .... Stanley .... not the mom).

Yes iam Stanley Morgan Jr mother. Monique Jason

So is it a decision or announcement on Sunday, just so we are clear....
i was told a decision for the head coach would be announced.
  • Fire 2

The more I look into this. The more I hear that no information is being leaked anywhere. Tells me it has to be someone that is not currently coaching. Cause if Eichorst is targeting someone at a school. He would need to speak with that schools AD first to get permission. That information would be leaked out into the news. Such as Florida going after the CSU coach. Now if i'm right in that then I'd say the odds are it's Tressel. But also another high unlikely option, but would be a good hire is Bobby Bowden. Both of them would want to redeem themselves and show they can still get it done. Both have pretty much dissapeared since being fired. Plus both can be interviewed and hired without permission from someone else. Therefore allowing the whole process to be quiet and secretive like we have seen.

The more I look into this. The more I hear that no information is being leaked anywhere. Tells me it has to be someone that is not currently coaching. Cause if Eichorst is targeting someone at a school. He would need to speak with that schools AD first to get permission. That information would be leaked out into the news. Such as Florida going after the CSU coach. Now if i'm right in that then I'd say the odds are it's Tressel. But also another high unlikely option, but would be a good hire is Bobby Bowden. Both of them would want to redeem themselves and show they can still get it down. Both have pretty much dissapeared since being fired. Plus both can be interviewed and hired without permission from someone else. Therefore allowing the whole process to be quiet and secretive like we have seen.

I don't believe that it is a MUST for an AD to seek permission. I think it is a courtesy

The more I look into this. The more I hear that no information is being leaked anywhere. Tells me it has to be someone that is not currently coaching. Cause if Eichorst is targeting someone at a school. He would need to speak with that schools AD first to get permission. That information would be leaked out into the news. Such as Florida going after the CSU coach. Now if i'm right in that then I'd say the odds are it's Tressel. But also another high unlikely option, but would be a good hire is Bobby Bowden. Both of them would want to redeem themselves and show they can still get it down. Both have pretty much dissapeared since being fired. Plus both can be interviewed and hired without permission from someone else. Therefore allowing the whole process to be quiet and secretive like we have seen.

I don't believe that it is a MUST for an AD to seek permission. I think it is a courtesy

I agree it's not a must. But it's not something ad's normally skip or avoid when hiring a coach. With Eichorst new to being a AD and only at his second school. I don't see him skipping that formality.

The more I look into this. The more I hear that no information is being leaked anywhere. Tells me it has to be someone that is not currently coaching. Cause if Eichorst is targeting someone at a school. He would need to speak with that schools AD first to get permission. That information would be leaked out into the news. Such as Florida going after the CSU coach. Now if i'm right in that then I'd say the odds are it's Tressel. But also another high unlikely option, but would be a good hire is Bobby Bowden. Both of them would want to redeem themselves and show they can still get it done. Both have pretty much dissapeared since being fired. Plus both can be interviewed and hired without permission from someone else. Therefore allowing the whole process to be quiet and secretive like we have seen.

You do know that Bowden is 85 years old don't you? Just what we need a coach who could die on the side line on any given Saturday.

T_O_B

You do know that Bowden is 85 years old don't you? Just what we need a coach who could die on the side line on any given Saturday.

T_O_B

the game passed old Bobby by.......Spurrier is on the same glide path as Bowden....couple more years at best.

We're dealing with the possibility that Eichorst has no idea who the next coach will be and this will drag on into January. :mellow:

Fun times!

Good lord it's been 4 days. I know it's difficult at this time, but be patient. All signs point to an announcement this weekend. If there isn't one, well then we can panic

T_O_B

I know he was up there in age. I'm not saying he's targeted at all, or even want him here. Which is why I said high unlikely option. I only mentioned him cause he would fit the type of criteria as Jim Tressel. Plus he is good friends with Tom Osborne, so would have a tie back to Nebraska as well. The only other coaches that are not coaching right now are in media jobs. Any contact with them about interest would of hit the news.

HC: Alabama offensive coordinator, Lane Kiffin? Perhaps he's matured and learned a bit in his travels. Might his dad, Monte Kiffin want to return to the Nebraska DC job to work with his son?

The problem is that Alabama is going to be playing yet for weeks (likely). I'm not clear on how soon one can poach and announce another coach in that situation.

HC: Alabama offensive coordinator, Lane Kiffin? Perhaps he's matured and learned a bit in his travels. Might his dad, Monte Kiffin want to return to the Nebraska DC job to work with his son?

The problem is that Alabama is going to be playing yet for weeks (likely). I'm not clear on how soon one can poach and announce another coach in that situation.

ummmmm no. Kiffin is a mess