***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Good ol' Bert! lol

I'll admit Bielema is a darn good coach and he did very well at Wisconsin. He is just now starting to get Arkansas turned around but he may feel he is a better fit for Nebraska.

Bielema is not the "best" human being out there but his job is to win ball games plain and simple.

He definitely plays a style of football I very much enjoy and him being at Nebraska would definitely make the rivilary against Wisconsin blow up.

The SE connections to Wisconsin/Bielema make sense.

• Fire 1

Be skeptical of any news of any coach.

Bielema may be the guy, I don't know. But I do know that there are only a very few select people on Nebraska's side that know what is going on in this coaching search. It's just like the firing of Bo. Unless you are one of Eichorst's trusted folks, you don't know jack.

• Fire 1

Good ol' Bert! lol

I'll admit Bielema is a darn good coach and he did very well at Wisconsin. He is just now starting to get Arkansas turned around but he may feel he is a better fit for Nebraska.

Bielema is not the "best" human being out there but his job is to win ball games plain and simple.

He definitely plays a style of football I very much enjoy and him being at Nebraska would definitely make the rivilary against Wisconsin blow up.

The SE connections to Wisconsin/Bielema make sense.

Except i believe his parting of ways with Wisky wasnt on great terms so i have a hard time believing its Bielema. Dont think Alvarez would put a stamp of approval on Bielema if SE asked about him.

I would suggest that the fact that a coach is your personal friend might color your evaluation process a little bit. I think most Nebraskans would not be as in favor of SE making himself a one-man selection committee if they knew that he was simply going to go with a buddy - particularly an opportunistic one that likes to jump ships.

• Fire 1

I'll say this about Bielema though -- Bielema left Wisconsin solely for the fact that his relationship with Barry Alvarez was horrible. Alvarez and Eichorst are very close friends, have been for a long time, with Alvarez being the man who recommended Eichorst for the job of Nebraska AD.

I find it difficult to believe that Eichorst would hire someone, or even think of hiring someone, that one of his closest friends has such a terrible relationship with.

Maybe I'm wrong though. We will see.

not sure how i feel about him as a human being but it's hard to argue with results.

2006: 12-1

2007: 9-4

2008: 7-6

2009: 10-3

2010: 11-2, conference champ

2011: 11-3, conference champ

2012: 8-5, but still conference champ

imagine how much shop he'd be wrecking with the Gordon/Clement tandem right now.

The guy can coach but he is one of those guys that every time I look at him it pisses me off. I don't know why it just does. Not sure if I could handle that or not. Seriously though how was he regarded with the fan base up there in Wisky? Did he have an Arrogant attitude towards them or the media or did he try to use them to his advantage? Which would be a good thing.

After reading all the arguements on Frost, I've come around on the idea of naming Frost the HC in waiting. Do we make it contigent on Frost staying at Oregon or can he keep the "NU HC in waiting" title if he takes a lower tier D1 HC job? Would we need to have a ceremony like when schools give out honarary degree or would a press release suffice?

Outside of SE and maybe a very few select insider guys, the name of the new HC is anybody's guess. I'm not in a hurry to know prior to official announcement. If something that's correct gets leaked early - good or bad - I hope the HB servers have some extra oil & lube on standby. And a few generators....ha

• Fire 1