***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

It'd be great for Scott to be here for the reasons you listed. But in terms of big picture and direction of the program, and how really important this hire is, it's so much more than explaining to guys what playing for Nebraska really needs. We really HAVE to get an experienced head coach to handle the intracacies and mania that comes with such position. Scott does not have that experience. That doesnt mean he couldnt handle it, but at this point in the program's history, it's my opinion that it's not worth the risk.

I could get over Bielema's arrogance and non-likable personality is he gets us over the ever much talked about hump. Playing the 1st Saturday in December year in and year out, he would fit in just fine.

HOWEVER, I think the only place he is going next is Iowa. Ferentz probably out in the next 3-5 years and Bielema in.

I would not mind Baby Heuey waddling up and down our sidelines. I would continue to hate him until he slipped on his white pullover with the big red N on it.

It'd be great for Scott to be here for the reasons you listed. But in terms of big picture and direction of the program, and how really important this hire is, it's so much more than explaining to guys what playing for Nebraska really needs. We really HAVE to get an experienced head coach to handle the intracacies and mania that comes with such position. Scott does not have that experience. That doesnt mean he couldnt handle it, but at this point in the program's history, it's my opinion that it's not worth the risk.

You're absolutely right. If Frost is not in the picture, I think Ron Brown and/or John Garrison or even Barney Cotton need to stay on the staff in some kind of capacity.

Frost is intriguing but I don't think he's the choice now for a couple reasons. Not the least of which is Oregon's season. If they win on Saturday, they're not going to want to give up their OC as they prepare for a playoff game. If they lose and they're out it's a different story but that would put a cramp in things.