***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Chris Spielman ‏@chris_spielman 5m5 minutes ago Upper Arlington, OH

Top 6 for Nebraska my opinion. Brett Bielema 2. Steve Adazzio 3 Greg Schiano 4. Scott Frost 5. Dan. Mullen 6. Pat Fitsgerald

Holy crap he should stick to working with McDonough. All of those minus Frost are terrible.

The only guy I can like on that list beside Frost, is Dan Mullen.

I AM opposed to Mullen. I think hes like buying a stock High and selling Low. I dont see upside we would give him at NU that he cant get where he is. Benifit of McElwain and Fuente and maybe even Wells, is that if they can do 'something' at a mid major with limited facilities, money, recruit desirability etc. Imagine what they could do here with all that NU offers. I don't see that same benifit for Mullen...hes in THE power conference with recruits all around him. Maybe not quite the facilities...but they are not playing in a shack either.

what's harder in your first HC job...

go to a mid-major winning a good number of games.

or

going to the doormate of the SEC west and build a program to compete with Alabama, LSU and Alburn

best seasons, all of which are this year...

Wells 9-4 AAC

Fuente 9-3 MWC

McElwain 10-2 MWC

Mullen 10-2 SEC

all have a measure of risk

I would just give the nod to the guy that did it in a major conference, was an assistant on Championship teams w major bowl wins, and has been an OC/QB with elite level college quarterbacks.

also a lot of the same reasons McElwain was my #2 choice.

• Fire 2

Top 6 for Nebraska my opinion. Brett Bielema 2. Steve Adazzio 3 Greg Schiano 4. Scott Frost 5. Dan. Mullen 6. Pat Fitsgerald

Its Chris Spielman, that guy is a tool.

Puke! I don't want 'Curly' Brett Bielema! Go with Shaw, McElwain or Frost

Im sorry but Bielema is something that wouldnt bother me one bu

It.

i would actually be pretty excited.

So Bielema totally ditching Wisconsin for Arkansas, THEN ditching Arkansas for Nebraska throws absolutely zero red flags for you guys?

I doubt that even comes close, I have a feeling that Eichorst has a decent enough relationship with Alvarez to do that. Bielema did not ditch on the best of terms with Alvarez.... I doubt he would ditch on the best terms here too after the year or two he is here...

Bielema could get the job done but I would wonder how long he would stay. He was coaching a pretty great team already and bolted.

x1 thought the same thing.

but also wonder how many times Alvarez throw his 2 cents in. which he seems to love to do. had to play a factor. two big ego's butting heads.

Its Chris Spielman, that guy is a tool.

Puke! I don't want 'Curly' Brett Bielema! Go with Shaw, McElwain or Frost
Why do people keep thinking Shaw is an option? He is at his Alma matter and loves it there.

Not only is he at his alma mater, but what is so great about David Shaw? Nebraska should aim a bit higher IMO.

After his fourth season at Stanford, he goes 7-5. The four year mark is usually a good indication of what a coach can bring to the table. And from what I've seen, his recruiting is not overly impressive either.

I wouldn't settle for Shaw if I were you.

Bovada 5/4 scott frost. That says it all. Better just start thinking about DC

Interesting. I don't know how vegas/betting sites work, but can I assume that 5/4 means Vegas is very confident that Frost is our guy?

As for Shaw, I think this is a great hire if it happens. I assume that its easier to recruit to Nebraska vs Stanford, so that would be in his favor here. I'm aware he's a Stanford alum, but I feel like I can see him wanting to go somewhere with an easier route into the playoff and slightly easier recruiting? Just my thoughts.

Bovada 5/4 scott frost. That says it all. Better just start thinking about DC

Interesting. I don't know how vegas/betting sites work, but can I assume that 5/4 means Vegas is very confident that Frost is our guy?

As for Shaw, I think this is a great hire if it happens. I assume that its easier to recruit to Nebraska vs Stanford, so that would be in his favor here. I'm aware he's a Stanford alum, but I feel like I can see him wanting to go somewhere with an easier route into the playoff and slightly easier recruiting? Just my thoughts.

I'm not sure how it would be easier to recruit NE over Stanford, unless they have higher admission standards.