***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Here's my idea, and I know that it will never hapen:

HC: Tom Osborne

OC: Scott Frost

DC: Muschamp

Hire Osborne as the HC with the thought that he would step down in 3-5 years and give the team to Frost if/when he is ready. I don't think Frost is ready to be the HC right now, but he might be in 3-5 years if he could gain some understanding of everything that would go with it. Again, I don't see this happening, but it would be a nice scenerio.

The new HC has to hire top coordinators and a great staff to reduce the risk. Bo failed by hiring friends. It seems like NU is willing to pay. Lets put some cash in for the assistants, and get the best staff in the nation. A great staff can cover up a lot of HC problems if the HC isn't too stubborn.

At this point, if tressel is not happening, I would say hire frost. He has already said he would hire experienced coordinators. I think that the risk/reward is with it. If he doesn't work out at least we know. I just am not impressed with Mullen, Patterson is a pipe dream, csu coach is going to Florida. I know it only been two days, but I'm having a hard time being confident in what happens now....

At this point, if tressel is not happening, I would say hire frost. He has already said he would hire experienced coordinators. I think that the risk/reward is with it. If he doesn't work out at least we know. I just am not impressed with Mullen, Patterson is a pipe dream, csu coach is going to Florida. I know it only been two days, but I'm having a hard time being confident in what happens now....

The upside to frost is that he would be in for the long haul. He would be coaching at home. The downside, he better hit home runs on his staffing hires. It's not a bad option, just a risky one.

@MarkEnnis: Jim McElwain follows 162 people. The second most recent one (@Corey_Bender) just in the past week. http://t.co/AXTXnbzebT

@Corey_Bender: @JohnMartin929 Nope. He randomly followed me about two weeks ago and I was confused at first because I've never tweeted anything about CSU.

This guy is a Florida Recruiting Analyst for Scout.com.

I guess if you put two and two together, McElwain is considering which Florida prospects to recruit to Nebraska. :sarcasm:

There could have been:

Conference Calls

Emails

Snapchats

Shawn Eichorst swiped right on Tressel's Tinder profile

Groupthink

Skypes

Google Hangouts

Go to meeting drops

Eichorst could have called him at the riverboats in Council bluffs (no calls from Nebraska)

---it's a fun lawyery world sometimes

You forgot carrier pigeons

Morse code

smoke signals

I think he's more into ink.

The upside to frost is that he would be in for the long haul. He would be coaching at home. The downside, he better hit home runs on his staffing hires. It's not a bad option, just a risky one.

It's a risk, sure, but so are most of the other names. Like you said, he would be here for the long haul, loves the program. Etc.....if he is truly the up and coming coach that so many are saying, it's best to get in on the ground floor. We wait too long and go for a "name" right now, frost may get a big job that he won't leave. I don't know, I keep going back and forth, I'm just not impressed with any "big names" being tossed around, except tressel. If we are going for Mullen, or someone like him I'd rather go after pj fleck, or some other up and coming coach. But hell, what do I know?

There could have been:

Conference Calls

Emails

Snapchats

Shawn Eichorst swiped right on Tressel's Tinder profile

Groupthink

Skypes

Google Hangouts

Go to meeting drops

Eichorst could have called him at the riverboats in Council bluffs (no calls from Nebraska)

---it's a fun lawyery world sometimes

You forgot carrier pigeons

Morse code

smoke signals

semaphore

It's a risk, sure, but so are most of the other names. Like you said, he would be here for the long haul, loves the program. Etc.....if he is truly the up and coming coach that so many are saying, it's best to get in on the ground floor. We wait too long and go for a "name" right now, frost may get a big job that he won't leave. I don't know, I keep going back and forth, I'm just not impressed with any "big names" being tossed around, except tressel. If we are going for Mullen, or someone like him I'd rather go after pj fleck, or some other up and coming coach. But hell, what do I know?

Wasn't that kind of the idea when we hired Bo? I'm not against it it just makes me nervous, there are alot of questions with Frost, can he recruit, can he get quality assistants, can he handle the media attention that would come with being the golden boy returned home?

• Fire 1

Wasn't that kind of the idea when we hired Bo? I'm not against it it just makes me nervous, there are alot of questions with Frost, can he recruit, can he get quality assistants, can he handle the media attention that would come with being the golden boy returned home?

He already dealt with getting booed at memorial stadium.