Why Jim tressel is the Vegas favorite for the HC

Taylor21

I really don't know if this should be thrown around in this day and age any more. Tom had more than a few questionable moral acts too.

More than a few? I've only ever known of exactly a few.

And 70 years of positive moral acts as well. He scores about a 99% in my book.

• Fire 2

I really don't know if this should be thrown around in this day and age any more. Tom had more than a few questionable moral acts too.

More than a few? I've only ever known of exactly a few.

And 70 years of positive moral acts as well. He scores about a 99% in my book.

Just a disagreement, I don't put my faith in any man's moral fiber anymore. The whole never meet your heroes thing I guess. He's better than most though.

With Tressel you wouldn't have a problem winning against B1G teams. Too bad he would blow it vs Urban. Wouldn't that be odd, Tressel vs Urban @ OSU in 2016. ESPN would go nuts for that game.

i think tressel would take urban out to the woodshed.

I remember being on the wrong side of a 41-14 beat down the last time they squared off.

With Tressel you wouldn't have a problem winning against B1G teams. Too bad he would blow it vs Urban. Wouldn't that be odd, Tressel vs Urban @ OSU in 2016. ESPN would go nuts for that game.

i think tressel would take urban out to the woodshed.

I remember being on the wrong side of a 41-14 beat down the last time they squared off.

just look at his facial expression you can tell hes bitter and wants revenge.

Here is what worries me about Tressel:http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/05/30/jim-tressel

Even if all of it is absolutely true, do you think he would dare try something now with all of the world watching? Serious question. I can't profess to know what goes on in the man's mind, but I surely would hope that he wouldn't think that he could get away with anything again.........or would he?

I assume it is factually correct or he would have sued for defamation. Which means it's a pattern, and not just an isolated occurrence. The latter one could hope for a change; the former, not so much. But worse, there is little doubt that whatever school hires him will be under heightened scrutiny. Particularly a school that just fired a coach for not getting over the hump. Just too much baggage and risk.

I assume it is factually correct or he would have sued for defamation. Which means it's a pattern, and not just an isolated occurrence. The latter one could hope for a change; the former, not so much. But worse, there is little doubt that whatever school hires him will be under heightened scrutiny. Particularly a school that just fired a coach for not getting over the hump. Just too much baggage and risk.

You went so far out there as to suggest that the scrutiny on Nebraska athletics will be increased because we just fired a coach that couldn't win big games?

I-want-people-to-be-afraid-of-how-much-3

You went so far out there as to suggest that the scrutiny on Nebraska athletics will be increased because we just fired a coach that couldn't win big games?

I-want-people-to-be-afraid-of-how-much-3

No. Please re-read my post. I said there is little doubt that ANY school that hires him would be watched closely. I also noted that we are a school that fired a coach and gave specific reason why, and those reason include the failure to win beyond a specific point. To the NCAA, that can be a trigger in its mind that we may be adopting a "win at all costs" attitude. That's the baggage that will come with a coach with Tressel's history and background.
  • Fire 1

No. Please re-read my post. I said there is little doubt that ANY school that hires him would be watched closely. I also noted that we are a school that fired a coach and gave specific reason why, and those reason include the failure to win beyond a specific point. To the NCAA, that can be a trigger in its mind that we may be adopting a "win at all costs" attitude. That's the baggage that will come with a coach with Tressel's history and background.

Gotcha. I just can't equate our decision to can Bo as a "win at all costs" decision. It was much bigger than that - which is why I don't think we'll have a problem finding a coach. I don't believe it appears that way to outside parties, we'll be fine.

Gotcha. I just can't equate our decision to can Bo as a "win at all costs" decision. It was much bigger than that - which is why I don't think we'll have a problem finding a coach. I don't believe it appears that way to outside parties, we'll be fine.

No, I'm not trying to say that hiring Tressel's is a signal of win at all cost. Rather, the NCAA may perceive it that way. Put it this way - it would not surprise me in the least if the media takes that tact. And it it does, so might the NCAA for the same reason.