Why Jim tressel is the Vegas favorite for the HC

Taylor21

Jim Tressel is never coaching again. Nothing to see here. Move along.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/05/jim_tressel_a_finalist_for_pre.html

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Jim Tressel said he doesn't plan to ever coach again, despite spending his career on the gridiron and taking teams to the pinnacle of success.

Tressel, a candidate for president at Youngstown State University, told a questioner at a public forum today that coaching was not in his future.

“I did it for 38 years and enjoyed every minute of it,” said the former Ohio State University football coach who was forced to resign in 2011 because of NCAA violations.

The NCAA imposed a 'five-year show-cause penalty' on Tressel, which means any NCAA program that wants to hire him has to 'show cause for why it shouldn't be sanctioned. The order expires on Dec. 19, 2016. The Indianapolis Colts hired him as game-day consultant during the 2011 season.

“I do not wake up in the morning and say I wish I was coaching," Tressel said. "Sometimes I read the paper and say I am glad I am not coaching. But on Saturdays or Sunday afternoons during playoff games it is exciting and I may yell ‘Call a time out!’ But I do not foresee any interest in coaching. I have got more important things to do. Not that it (coaching) is unimportant.”

Hello gents. Congratulations on getting rid of Pelini.

As for Tressel, I think he would be great for your program. How about this. Hire Tressel AND Scott Frost to be assistant head coach and OC and have Tressel run the program for a few years while mentoring Frost and then Tressel can retire again and Frost can take over.

^^^^^ I was thinking the same thing but this is a dream scenario and most likely a pipe dream.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/05/jim_tressel_a_finalist_for_pre.html

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Jim Tressel said he doesn't plan to ever coach again, despite spending his career on the gridiron and taking teams to the pinnacle of success.

Tressel, a candidate for president at Youngstown State University, told a questioner at a public forum today that coaching was not in his future.

“I did it for 38 years and enjoyed every minute of it,” said the former Ohio State University football coach who was forced to resign in 2011 because of NCAA violations.

The NCAA imposed a 'five-year show-cause penalty' on Tressel, which means any NCAA program that wants to hire him has to 'show cause for why it shouldn't be sanctioned. The order expires on Dec. 19, 2016. The Indianapolis Colts hired him as game-day consultant during the 2011 season.

“I do not wake up in the morning and say I wish I was coaching," Tressel said. "Sometimes I read the paper and say I am glad I am not coaching. But on Saturdays or Sunday afternoons during playoff games it is exciting and I may yell ‘Call a time out!’ But I do not foresee any interest in coaching. I have got more important things to do. Not that it (coaching) is unimportant.”

Plans can change. Especially if there's a number followed by a lot of zeros involved.

I did it for 38 years and enjoyed every minute of it, said the former Ohio State University football coach who was forced to resign in 2011 because of NCAA violations.

I do not wake up in the morning and say I wish I was coaching," Tressel said. "Sometimes I read the paper and say I am glad I am not coaching. But on Saturdays or Sunday afternoons during playoff games it is exciting and I may yell Call a time out! But I do not foresee any interest in coaching. I have got more important things to do. Not that it (coaching) is unimportant.

He's probably not coming here, but a lot can change from May until now. Especially if there's a lot of money involved.

I did it for 38 years and enjoyed every minute of it, said the former Ohio State University football coach who was forced to resign in 2011 because of NCAA violations.

I do not wake up in the morning and say I wish I was coaching," Tressel said. "Sometimes I read the paper and say I am glad I am not coaching. But on Saturdays or Sunday afternoons during playoff games it is exciting and I may yell Call a time out! But I do not foresee any interest in coaching. I have got more important things to do. Not that it (coaching) is unimportant.

He's probably not coming here, but a lot can change from May until now. Especially if there's a lot of money involved.

The more i thought about it, the more I'm convinced it's not the vest.

The power players were unhappy with Bo making funny faces and yelling at people, do you really think that they'd pay for the guy who got Ohio St. Put on probation. In this conservative state? ?

Yeah, me neither. I'll believe it when it happens

• Fire 2

What's he supposed to say? It was obvious at the time he wouldn't be coaching again soon. You can't expect him to say he wants to get right back into coaching when he needed another job. Would he be the president of a university if they thought he would jump ship the second he could get back into coaching? We thought Urban was done too. I'm sure it's tough to turn down a good coaching gig when it's your passion

Here is what worries me about Tressel:

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/05/30/jim-tressel

Even if all of it is absolutely true, do you think he would dare try something now with all of the world watching? Serious question. I can't profess to know what goes on in the man's mind, but I surely would hope that he wouldn't think that he could get away with anything again.........or would he?

If we don't land Tressel or Richt or a big name coach the first question on SE mind should be do you know the best high schools in Texas, Florida, California, Georgia or the high schools that annually produce great recruits if we can get a coach that can recruit those areas outside of big namers we will be fine

Tim Miles got the two biggest recruits in Nebraska Basketball history to sign with us and he wasn't the biggest name on the market, recruiting helps you win as long as they are coached correctly and fundamentally sound as well as mentally tough.