Anyone else think its pitiful that Bo had to say goodbye to his player of campus?

Dagerow

The player tweets have been overwhelmingly thanking Bo for what he did for them. There are a couple that said they though it was a bad decision and one who is off the wall. Yet you seem to want to base everything you say on that one player.

Do you honestly think that during that meeting there was no discussion of the administration? Or that the discussion was positive in regards to the administration? There is absolutely no way reading those tweets that someone could come to that conclusion.

I think it's pretty clear what was said, you don't have to have been there to have a pretty good idea. A couple (Finnin/Bondi) of the 100 or so are dumb enough to talk about it, but a few others alluded to it as well. Outside of writing it in crayon for Huskerboard, it's about as clear as it can get.

Do you think the players blame the administration who fired their coach for firing their coach? Of course they do. They are much closer to their coach than the administration. They are going to be on the coaches' side.

That some people take what a couple people say and extrapolate it to the entire team - especially when the vast majority said nothing of the sort - is a lot more telling of their own agenda than others.

There was nothing posted or tweeted anywhere that even hint that it was a negative meeting.

...yup, everything sounds positive to me...

If there's not a ring on our finger after next year then y'all better riot until we have new admin. That's all I'm saying.

If you guys only knew how bad our admin. messed up. If you only knew our coach like we did.

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37[/size] 13m13 minutes ago

Bo talks to us like we're his own kids and EIchorst talks to us like we're the media. Coach Bo is man and a father figure! Thanks coach #FOE

duecefour @awill_i_ams · There's a lot more than meets the eye people

Sam Foltz @samfoltz27 @RealMikeWelch bc we now know the story behind it all.. We're in peace Bo was right all along.

Do you think the players blame the administration who fired their coach for firing their coach? Of course they do. They are much closer to their coach than the administration. They are going to be on the coaches' side.

That some people take what a couple people say and extrapolate it to the entire team - especially when the vast majority said nothing of the sort - is a lot more telling of their own agenda than others.

Suh blaming administration as well? This isn't isolated to current players, or past players. It's toxic, and SE/Pearlman bears plenty of the blame. It's concerning. And Bo obviously stirred the pot last night, which to me was unnecessary.

Yes, i have a an agenda that involves seeing Pelini get fired...oh wait. What agenda could I possibly have? Tell me since my opinions are so "telling". Fill me in please.

I realize Bo might want have wanted to steal his prized stapler, but that is just unforgivable.

considering what was said during the meeting - i'll guarantee you the off campus location was his decision not the universities....though I don't blame the university if they decided not provide a forum for Bo to criticize them.

What was said? Do you have the notes or something...maybe I missed it?

If you really want to know, harass the players until one of them tell you. :sarcasm

Everyone says that Hoke and Muschamp took the high road and showed a lot more class, but IMO BP does have a reason to be at least a little bitter. Am sorry those 2 guys records speak for themselves. They sucked at their respective jobs at those 2 universities. They have no other choice but to take the high road and be thankful for the opportunity.

BP on the other hand won a lot of games, maybe not the right ones or the right way, but a 71% winning percentage may buy him a little bitterness. Besides, unfortunately this is BPs style.

I wish and hope that he does show some class, but I can understand at least to an extent why he might not.

I think the post-Ohio State 2011 audio tape was the real Bo, vindictive in victory and defensive in defeat.

He brought that bunker mentality to the team.

It creates an incredibly strong bond with your players, but not a healthy one.

And social media makes everything worse. Sometimes even HuskerBoard.com makes me wonder why I'm a fan.

So I'm willing to give the players some space, and Pelini some time to issue a statement I expect to be classy. Either honestly classy, or I'm-Job-Hunting-Now classy.

We're already 72 hours into the Not Bo Pelini Era. I think it's going okay.

• Fire 7

There was nothing posted or tweeted anywhere that even hint that it was a negative meeting.

...yup, everything sounds positive to me...

If there's not a ring on our finger after next year then y'all better riot until we have new admin. That's all I'm saying.

If you guys only knew how bad our admin. messed up. If you only knew our coach like we did.

I don't find this in the "negative". It is a player who is hurting over losing a coach. He is implying that Pelini got fired for not winning a "ring" which is pretty accurate. Like most players he believes they can win with Pelini. Nothing earth shattering on that one.

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37[/size] 13m13 minutes ago

Bo talks to us like we're his own kids and EIchorst talks to us like we're the media. Coach Bo is man and a father figure! Thanks coach #FOE

Again nothing shocking. I've had a coach "fired" in college. The meeting from the higher ups are very businesslike and to the point. The coach's goodbye is very sincere and more emotional. Nothing negative on that one either as I'm sure Bo's meeting was very emotional whereas Eichorst relayed things in a business fashion

duecefour @awill_i_ams · There's a lot more than meets the eye people

Obviously. To think that we know even half of what goes on behind the scenes is foolish. Again I don't see anything significant here

Sam Foltz @samfoltz27 @RealMikeWelch bc we now know the story behind it all.. We're in peace Bo was right all along.

He does say "We're in Peace" which seems quite positive to me. Seems like whatever it was that was said Bo had told them about. Bo relayed the information to them and now they are at peace with the decision and can start to move on.

I'm really not sure how you want 18-22 year old college students to react when they have just lost someone who was a huge part of their lives.

• Fire 1

I realize Bo might want have wanted to steal his prized stapler, but that is just unforgivable.

That's not unusual as he is no longer an employee of the university. However, I think it's really poor of LPS to fine the employee that let Bo and team meet at one of their high school! http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/LPS-Employee-Fined-For-Pelini-Meeting-With-Players-284669381.html

That's friggin outrageous... I hope whoever decided to charge that employee has to face off with SE and be fired too!