Mike Riley's Staff

@74: 247, presumably from Khalil Haughton's recruitment. He's the safety being recruited by Bray right now.

Trent Bray wiki

32 years old. Oregon State linebacker from 2002-05.

2008 - Graduate assistant for Dennis Erickson at Arizona State

2009 - UFL team LBs coach

2010-11 - Arizona State LBs coach

2012-14 - Oregon State GA and then LBs coach

Son of a coach.

Was an All-Conference guy at OSU.

We must bring in Scott Frost as our OC ASAP!!!! This is how I strongly feel; I don't care what negative feedback Hedley Lamar provides! I watched Frost, and he went all out for Nebraska during his tenure as QB back in '96 and '97. Now I don't know what kind of bridges he's burned to be such a bothersome topic for Hedley Lamar, but the guy will take care of Nebraska offensively. He knows what they need. Oregon State coach Mike Riley is well versed in the arts of the pro style offense attack, but that is not how the Cornhuskers roll! Tommie Frazier, Steve Taylor, Scott Frost, Mickey Joseph, McCathorn Clayton, Turner Gill, Nate Mason ... this is how NU rolls!

Get Scott Frost at all cost!!! The offense will need him. 45 passes a game will put way too much stress on the defense. But I'm not worrying about it. I'm putting my trust and faith in Scott Frost!! As soon as the Oregon football season ends, I'm looking for Scott Frost to sign the dotted line.

• Fire 1

We must bring in Scott Frost as our OC ASAP!!!! This is how I strongly feel; I don't care what negative feedback Hedley Lamar provides! I watched Frost, and he went all out for Nebraska during his tenure as QB back in '96 and '97. Now I don't know what kind of bridges he's burned to be such a bothersome topic for Hedley Lamar, but the guy will take care of Nebraska offensively. He knows what they need. Oregon State coach Mike Riley is well versed in the arts of the pro style offense attack, but that is not how the Cornhuskers roll! Tommie Frazier, Steve Taylor, Scott Frost, Mickey Joseph, McCathorn Clayton, Turner Gill, Nate Mason ... this is how NU rolls!

Get Scott Frost at all cost!!! The offense will need him. 45 passes a game will put way too much stress on the defense. But I'm not worrying about it. I'm putting my trust and faith in Scott Frost!! As soon as the Oregon football season ends, I'm looking for Scott Frost to sign the dotted line.

Where have I bashed Frost? I think he is a little green and I don't think the offense he runs and has been with for multiple years meshes AT ALL with Riley who will be calling the plays fwiw

Another note. Bray knew last night, so you would think any other OSU guys would also know...right?

Not necessarily, right? Some of them might not be Plan 1A. But those that do know, we probably won't find out right away unless a recruit leaks it, or they decide to announce it.

I'm hoping for their STs coach, WRs coach, and OL coach. That would be sweet.

Where have I bashed Frost? I think he is a little green and I don't think the offense he runs and has been with for multiple years meshes AT ALL with Riley who will be calling the plays fwiw

I like Frost a lot. I believe he could bring something special to this staff and team overall. But at the same time I agree with your point. I've been wondering how Frost could mesh as OC since the hiring. And the bottom line is that I just don't think it does. They are different and with Riley calling plays, I just don't see it as a fit. Would love to be wrong. Need experts.

I like Frost a lot. I believe he could bring something special to this staff and team overall. But at the same time I agree with your point. I've been wondering how Frost could mesh as OC since the hiring. And the bottom line is that I just don't think it does. They are different and with Riley calling plays, I just don't see it as a fit. Would love to be wrong. Need experts.

agree, Riley and Frost would be a bad fit.

TXHEDWAXFQBGGCW.20130710042304.jpg
Trent Bray
Position: Assistant Coach - Linebackers
Hometown: Pullman, Wash.
High School: Pullman HS
Alma Mater: Oregon State
Graduating Year: 2005
Experience: 2 Years

Trent Bray Biography
Courtesy: Athletic Communications
Release: 06/01/2012
One of Oregon State’s top defensive players in the program’s history was promoted to full-time linebackers coach in January of 2013 after serving the 2012 season as a graduate assistant.
Bray helped Oregon State have the biggest turnaround from the 2011 season in the NCAA last year as the team improved by six victories and played in the Valero Alamo Bowl. His 2013 team features a solid nucleus of returning players, including returning team leader for tackles (83) two-year starter Michael Doctor.
Bray spent the 2009-11 seasons as the linebackers coach at Arizona State, the last two as full-time after serving 2009 as a graduate assistant. While with the Sun Devils, Bray coached 2010 Pac-10 second team linebacker Vontaze Burfict and 2011 Pac-12 honorable mention linebacker Colin Parker.
Bray started 34 of 49 career games at OSU, including 33 straight, and in 2004 was the Insight Bowl Defensive MVP after making 10 tackles in the victory over Notre Dame. He was a Pac-10 first team selection as a senior and second team as a junior. For his career he made 337 tackles, currently sixth in the OSU record book.
Following his OSU career, Bray signed free agent contracts with the Miami Dolphins and Houston Texans. He would later play for the Hamburg Sea Devils of the NFL Europe in 2007 and began his coaching career with the California Redwoods of the United Football League in 2009.
He was a two-time Great Northern League Defensive Player of the Year at Pullman High School in Washington and earned all-state honors twice. In addition to football, where he played tight end and linebacker, he was an all-league athlete in baseball and basketball.
Bray is the son of Craig Bray, a former OSU assistant football coach.
BRAY PROFILE
Assignment: Linebackers
Year at OSU: 2nd (1st as full-time)
Recruiting Area: Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, East Texas, Palm Spring, Eastern Inland Empire
Hometown: Pullman, Washington
Education: Bachelor’s in sociology from Oregon State
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Oregon State, 2012-present (LB); Arizona State (LB), 2009-11; California Redwoods (2009); Hamburg Sea Devils – player (2007).
OSU HIGHLIGHTS
D.J. Alexander (LB) – Pac-12 Player of the Week
Total Defense (354 yds p/g) – 3rd in Pac-12
Scoring Defense (20.6 pts) – 2nd in Pac-12
3rd-Down Pct. Defense (29.3%) – 6th in NCAA

I'm guessing this won't stay up on the Beavers' site too long. So here ya go. ;)

I notice he's another coach's son. Which I think is a good thing.

• Fire 3