Mike Riley's Staff

I fine it hard to believe Banker comes here to be a position coach only. And considering he's basically been a LB or Secondary coach, if it's true you,know what he'll coach and good bye Mr Warren.

Better not be as DC...

I will flip the f#*k out...

I don't think warren would be out recruiting unless he was being retained. Which really lines up with him at D-coordinator. Orgeron could still come on as a d-line coach, but then we'd lose Kaz.

It's a tough spot either way and Riley gets it his way, not what we want. We can hope that his endorsement of Banker for HC means he didn't intend to bring him along, but that's just conjecture at this point.

The current staff should be expected to earn their pay, and that includes recruiting.

Its what i feared the most. We wont get Callahan 2.0, well get Pelini betamax. Ill go back to my previous bitchfest if this is the deal.

I wouldn't go that far. Even if he brought his entire staff (he won't) it would still be more experienced and qualified than both staffs Bo assembled. Oregon State is known for developing players. The dissapointment would be not getting someone like Orgeron or Steele to recruit.
  • Fire 1

Production. Trust. Familiarity. Any CEO worth their salt seeks the same when completing a crew.

If this coaching search experience has taught us anything, its to wait for things to be fully defined before declaring 'Ramming Speed!'

Last I checked yesterday, it was all but known that Riley's ST, WR, and possibly DB coach were NU bound. We have since added his LB coach (which by all accounts looks like a great addition).

And as far as Banker goes, to my knowledge its neither confirmed nor defined yet but regardless, Jason Peter (for one) would disagree with all the angst:

Spoke to 1 of the great defensive coaches in college history last nite,said if @Coach_Riley brings Mark Banker as DC,we should b very happy

• Fire 1

Its what i feared the most. We wont get Callahan 2.0, well get Pelini betamax. Ill go back to my previous bitchfest if this is the deal.

I may be way out in bizzaro world here, but if he makes up his staff here mostly out of the remains of his old staff, I'd go so far as to say that Bo's last staff was better. Even with all of its issues.

• Fire 1

76 in total D, 96 in scoring D, why bring him with?

I'm starting a fire Riley thread

Why, because of a tweet made by a SI reporter. This is typical media BS. It may happen or it may not! Lets see what happens.

If Riley brings the OSU DC to NU as DC, I start a fire Riley thread. SE made it clear that NU has resources. We might as well keep Paps. I also question the judgement of someone that is encouraged to hire the best but chooses to hire homers.

I fine it hard to believe Banker comes here to be a position coach only. And considering he's basically been a LB or Secondary coach, if it's true you,know what he'll coach and good bye Mr Warren.

Better not be as DC...

I don't think warren would be out recruiting unless he was being retained. Which really lines up with him at D-coordinator. Orgeron could still come on as a d-line coach, but then we'd lose Kaz.

It's a tough spot either way and Riley gets it his way, not what we want. We can hope that his endorsement of Banker for HC means he didn't intend to bring him along, but that's just conjecture at this point.

The current staff should be expected to earn their pay, and that includes recruiting.

There's no faster way to piss off a recruit than to fire the coach they've been talking to. None of the other assistants are allowed to recruit right now. That's a pretty telling sign that Warren will probably be staying on.

Better not be as DC...

There's no faster way to piss off a recruit than to fire the coach they've been talking to. None of the other assistants are allowed to recruit right now. That's a pretty telling sign that Warren will probably be staying on.

You are probably right about that, but Warren seems like a high class individual who could honestly say he does not know if he will be retained. I wonder if if no contact with recruits is preferable to have a coach contact them that will be fired.

I just read this:

Saturday night, Sports Illustrated's Lindsey Schnell reported that Mike Cavanaugh, Mark Banker and Bruce Read were coming to Nebraska.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/report-three-more-oregon-state-assistants-joining-riley-at-nu/article_13078864-7db3-11e4-b16a-5f5746502a78.html

Interesting-

Yeah, we've only been discussing this for the past page and a half. Thanks for reading.

Uh oh, he's gonna blow!

(That's what she said)

Why, because of a tweet made by a SI reporter. This is typical media BS. It may happen or it may not! Lets see what happens.

If Riley brings the OSU DC to NU as DC, I start a fire Riley thread. SE made it clear that NU has resources. We might as well keep Paps. I also question the judgement of someone that is encouraged to hire the best but chooses to hire homers.

As bad as many of Bo's staff decisions were . i can understand where a first time head coach would surround himself with people he trusts and people who he thinks understand his systems and philosophies.

But for the new guy, for a long as he's been in the business and for the supposed open checkbook be has. For him not to go outside his inner circle is probable career suicide.

• Fire 1

Go for it! True Husker fans show class. Regardless, I will give him & his staff a chance to prove themselves. Image Bo's defense with Oregon St.'s current roster, not good!

I just read this:

Saturday night, Sports Illustrated's Lindsey Schnell reported that Mike Cavanaugh, Mark Banker and Bruce Read were coming to Nebraska.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/report-three-more-oregon-state-assistants-joining-riley-at-nu/article_13078864-7db3-11e4-b16a-5f5746502a78.html

Interesting-

Yeah, we've only been discussing this for the past page and a half. Thanks for reading.

tumblr_m141jal8Bj1rn95k2o1_500.gif