Illinois- 101st

MSU- 14th

NW- 105th

Rutgers- 84th

Purdue- 109th

Wisc- 20th

Minnesota- 104th

Iowa- 69th

Stats aren't everything but overall OSU played against better Offenses.

• Fire 2

Im really disappointed Frost allegedly wont be coming here.

Hes no rookie, having left the pros and pretty much going straight into coaching.

However, maybe he takes a job amd gets some head coach experience then who knows what can happen.

But, lets move on. It's not like there isnt a plethora of offensive minds out there who can crank this machine up. We have so much talent that never sees the field, maybe an open competition can strain out some weak sauce and we can see some fruit bloom.

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

Check their past 5 recruiting classes, Nebraska has far more 4+ star players. The difference is that they can teach & make their kids better.

Which is testament to how well Nebraska is still regarded. If our previous garbage talent developers could recruit that well than these coaches who've been doing more with less should be rockstars with Nebraska level recruits right?

Nobody knows what's in the crystal ball, but we can all wish for the best.

I am just saying that you are comparing apples to oranges. We have more resources & facilities. This just like Miles coming to Nebraska. He will do much better here than Colorado St. Oh yes, there was a bunch of whiners in this board about that hire.

I hope your right!!! I'm all in on the Riley train, but can't help but have some reservations still.....it's kinda in our DNA now after Callahan and Pelini.

I do to. Maybe its my age, but I am willing to give a chance before hanging him.

2014 Nebraska Total Defense Rank - 50th

2014 Oregon State Total Defense Rank - 76th

OSU Opponents Total Offense:

Hawaii- 72nd

SDSU- 67th

USC- 31st

Colorado- 41st

Utah- 87th

Stanford- 77th

Cal- 15th

WSU- 6th

ASU- 34th

Wash- 49th

Oregon- 1st

Nebraska Opponents Total Offense:

Flor Atlantic-96th

Fresno- 54th

Miami- 45th

Illinois- 101st

MSU- 14th

NW- 105th

Rutgers- 84th

Purdue- 109th

Wisc- 20th

Minnesota- 104th

Iowa- 69th

EXCELLENT POST SIR! +1

tumblr_mahfgmCXDY1rvdbdz.gif

Man didn't know their were so many high leve D1 football coaches on this board to judge the worth of an assistant coach before he coaches 1 minute at a school with significantly more talent and resources. Only time will tell their worth, not your blind assumptions.

OMG this argument again??? Just.. just.. make it stop
Sorry missed your credentials

I have to admit, I was all for the combo of Tressel and Frost. The veteran and the newbie. No confusion for the fans as to where the line was drawn.

With Riley on board, my opinion on Frost has changed not because of Frost but because of us, the fans.

Knee deep in Tressel's first bad game, I didn't worry about fans screaming for his head and hearing 'We want Frost' chants throughout the stadium. Midway through Riley's first bad game? Not so sure.

Adding to my change of opinion was the difference between the systems of Riley and Frost (in terms of familiarity and play calling) as well as the natural question of whether Frost would have ever been considered for the OC job at either Michigan or Florida.

I wish Frost the best but I think its best for both parties that his path doesn't cross NU's yet.

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

Check their past 5 recruiting classes, Nebraska has far more 4+ star players. The difference is that they can teach & make their kids better.

Which is testament to how well Nebraska is still regarded. If our previous garbage talent developers could recruit that well than these coaches who've been doing more with less should be rockstars with Nebraska level recruits right?

Nobody knows what's in the crystal ball, but we can all wish for the best.

I am just saying that you are comparing apples to oranges. We have more resources & facilities. This just like Miles coming to Nebraska. He will do much better here than Colorado St. Oh yes, there was a bunch of whiners in this board about that hire.

I hope your right!!! I'm all in on the Riley train, but can't help but have some reservations still.....it's kinda in our DNA now after Callahan and Pelini.

True, but lets not become the Chi Cubs, man o man---i go to a game there sometimes and i think, "no wonder they lose all the time! The negativity and unbelief is SMOTHERING

If he can maintain most of this recruiting class, with the talent on the roster, next year should be ok.

Perhaps. But this is bigger than just next year.

We need a foundation long term. I'm frankly sick of the coaching changes.

We needed a coaching change. In part because Bo surrounded himself with yes men. I don't want to swap one set of yes men for another set of yes men.

You know for a fact that all of Mike's assistants are yes men?

I know for a fact that they do not get paid much at OSU. Top position coaches demand top pay. All I want is for Nebraska to get the best position coaches in football.

Hawaii- 72nd

SDSU- 67th

USC- 31st

Colorado- 41st

Utah- 87th

Stanford- 77th

Cal- 15th

WSU- 6th

ASU- 34th

Wash- 49th

Oregon- 1st

Flor Atlantic-96th

Fresno- 54th

Miami- 45th

Illinois- 101st

MSU- 14th

NW- 105th

Rutgers- 84th

Purdue- 109th

Wisc- 20th

Minnesota- 104th

Iowa- 69th

Thanks Joe. This staff is not as bad as people think, but I still want a great DC.

Hawaii- 72nd

SDSU- 67th

USC- 31st

Colorado- 41st

Utah- 87th

Stanford- 77th

Cal- 15th

WSU- 6th

ASU- 34th

Wash- 49th

Oregon- 1st

Flor Atlantic-96th

Fresno- 54th

Miami- 45th

Illinois- 101st

MSU- 14th

NW- 105th

Rutgers- 84th

Purdue- 109th

Wisc- 20th

Minnesota- 104th

Iowa- 69th

EXCELLENT POST SIR! +1

tumblr_mahfgmCXDY1rvdbdz.gif

Are Big10 defenses better than Pac12 defenses?

Man didn't know their were so many high leve D1 football coaches on this board to judge the worth of an assistant coach before he coaches 1 minute at a school with significantly more talent and resources. Only time will tell their worth, not your blind assumptions.

OMG this argument again??? Just.. just.. make it stop
Sorry missed your credentials

be7.jpg

• Fire 2

What if the new staff can't get those high 3 and 4 star guys to come here?

We may have a few more wins the next few years and a 2007like fall off.

All signs point to the OSU staff being fantastic recruiters, I have no doubt they'll be able to pull at least the same caliber talent as Pelini & co.

Sounds like another staff we had here.

As a matter of fact, Banker being "well traveled " reminds me off a former secondary coach we had.

It's hard to explain anything to the ignorance!

Ah hem, Bill's staff was supposed great recruiters. Elmo was well traveled.

It didn't make them successful.

OSUs staff hasn't yet recruited to the level of Bo's staff.

Please explain my ignorance.

I wonder if he was at least asked. If he was asked but turned it down, then i can see that. If they never even tried.

What if he was offered along with a big fat raise?

What would that say?

It would say to me that he was pissed he didnt get offered the HC job.

Would his anger be equally leveled at Florida? Michigan?

Frost has done a great job of earning each stair step up during his coaching career. To get to be a HC at a Power 5 program, he has to complete yet another step.